Page 749 of 776 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749750751759 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 7755

Thread: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Thin/Fine Hair Thread

jrmviola such beautiful hair! Thank you for sharing your inspiring progress.

Length
    6/26.5/41/53
    Type
    4a/F/ii

Congratulations to everyone who is hanging in there. I've had positive results with Minoxidil. I remember being disappointed that basically Rogaine was prescribed after all the effort (long trip, biopsy, and angst), but I've been taking it for about 8 mos and the difference is visible. Most of the bald spots have filled in but my hair is still thinner (parting anywhere shows too wide parts/scalp). I have @ 3 inches of new growth and it is much thicker than the remainder of the hair on my head.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

High ponytails are so disappointing with fine hair

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamertresses View Post
    High ponytails are so disappointing with fine hair
    Well, at least they stay up. Try putting thick (fine) hair that high, sags in 2 seconds.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Well, at least they stay up. Try putting thick (fine) hair that high, sags in 2 seconds.
    Texture is more the problem for my babyfines, so slippery that a pony sags even before I get my hands down. Of course most buns do that too.

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Oh, this happens to me also if my hair isn't thick

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I have oily roots and dry ends. The most common suggestion seems to be a BBB, but I'd rather not get one because I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot of breakage. I wash every day, so I'm not worried about my oily roots. Applying oils post-wash would be a no-no for my fine straight hair. What do y'all suggest?

Me to my hair: Please get out of my face.

( Please use the "Reply With Quote" button so that I can search for replies! )

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gossamertresses View Post
    I have oily roots and dry ends. The most common suggestion seems to be a BBB, but I'd rather not get one because I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot of breakage. I wash every day, so I'm not worried about my oily roots. Applying oils post-wash would be a no-no for my fine straight hair. What do y'all suggest?
    gossamertresses, have you tried using a few drops of lightweight oil on the last few inches of your hair only? Coconut, sunflower, safflower, jojoba...

I have baby fine, waist-length hair that has thinned dramatically due to menopause and medications. I oil it once or twice a week on average, concentrating on the ends. I usually braid my hair and leave it in overnight.

My cleansing routine is CWC:
    * apply conditioner to the length only -- before I hop in the shower (conditioner is an excellent oil remover)
    * shampoo once -- scalp only
    * apply a more slippery conditioner all over, concentrating on the length

I used to be a daily shampooer, but now I'm able to skip a day or two between washes. Of course, age, climate, water, exercise, etc., can have an impact on everyone's ideal routine.

Hope this helps.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    16/26/36
    Type
    2a/F/i

I apply a keratin oil thingy from the nape down while my hair is still very wet. A tiny amount, combed through with my hands until it comes completely off of them. When my hair dries I can't feel any oiliness except what's coming from the roots...

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    gossamertresses, have you tried using a few drops of lightweight oil on the last few inches of your hair only? Coconut, sunflower, safflower, jojoba...

I have baby fine, waist-length hair that has thinned dramatically due to menopause and medications. I oil it once or twice a week on average, concentrating on the ends. I usually braid my hair and leave it in overnight.

My cleansing routine is CWC:
    * apply conditioner to the length only -- before I hop in the shower (conditioner is an excellent oil remover)
    * shampoo once -- scalp only
    * apply a more slippery conditioner all over, concentrating on the length

I used to be a daily shampooer, but now I'm able to skip a day or two between washes. Of course, age, climate, water, exercise, etc., can have an impact on everyone's ideal routine.

Hope this helps.
    I was too afraid to risk going to school with oily hair, so I never tried it. I think I'll do it this weekend! The thought of getting oil onto my pillow or clothes also made me hesitate. Does your hair absorb oils (I'll be using coconut) when applied in small amounts?

Me to my hair: Please get out of my face.

( Please use the "Reply With Quote" button so that I can search for replies! )