Page 2451 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 14511951235124012441244924502451245224532461 ... LastLast
Results 24,501 to 24,510 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by PeonyBlue View Post
    I know, right? When I put my hair up with my favourite twist, it really shows off the greys from my temple:

1940s Vogue Hat by Yesterday- Today, on Flickr

But with my hair down, it’s mostly just my fringe that shows it off...I have hardly any grey in my lengths.

The greys! by Yesterday- Today, on Flickr
    That is exactly how it is starting for me too!!! I still have mostly sprinklings throughout though, but most of them are in my wispy bang area. Very neat when I do my updos! You look great!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Am I tripping or are my white hairs thicker than the coloureds?

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fallenrevenge View Post
    They do come in thicker on some people. Mine are the same or a little thinner.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fallenrevenge View Post
    Mine are noticeably finer.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Thanks luluj. I've not actually seen my hair in the sun recently, the winter blah is here lol.

I'll try to get more pics in natural light next time my daughter comes over but it will be a few days.

I really hope my whites keep the silvery sheen. My gramma has pure white, opaque hairs. Looks like milk is sprouting from her head. Looks ok on her but with my skin tone, I'll look too washed out.
    You are welcome, Obsidian.

I found that once my hair became mostly silver I had to change out some of my favorite clothing. Beige, yellow and orange all left me washed out. I now wear more jeweled tones, closer to my face. I like to play around with colors when it comes to my glasses, too. It's amazing how a certain frame color can brighten up your face.

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Wellcome to those joining!

My hair is longer now, I didn’t go to the stulist since February (corona, yes). So actually I am not too happy about that, and would cut it back a bit. But then I realized, this is the time to try highlights in the bottom of my hair, because I will be cutting a lot of it anyway. I have wanted this for a while, you may have read, to add more silver into it somehow.
    After I have lifted some streaks, I will see if I want to do a blue shampoo or toner, to blend and reduce the red undertones in the hair. My silvers are really white. As for frizz, I found finger coiling to be the thing. I only do it around my face, since it is way too time consuming for me.

Anyway here is a streak forming.

And this is where I am in general gray wise. Most of it is around my face.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    Wellcome to those joining!

My hair is longer now, I didn’t go to the stulist since February (corona, yes). So actually I am not too happy about that, and would cut it back a bit. But then I realized, this is the time to try highlights in the bottom of my hair, because I will be cutting a lot of it anyway. I have wanted this for a while, you may have read, to add more silver into it somehow.
    After I have lifted some streaks, I will see if I want to do a blue shampoo or toner, to blend and reduce the red undertones in the hair. My silvers are really white. As for frizz, I found finger coiling to be the thing. I only do it around my face, since it is way too time consuming for me.

Anyway here is a streak forming.

And this is where I am in general gray wise. Most of it is around my face.

It looks awesome. Don't change a thing!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I just came across this https://www.boredpanda.com/gray-hair...s-jack-martin/

It looks like the sort of thing you're describing, Upside Down.

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It looks awesome. Don't change a thing!!!
    Thank you, lapushka, you are sweet
    That is one of the perks of having it shorter, I get to play with it without so much consequences. I will go slow, just a few highlights. If I don’t like it, well it will be easy and quick to grow out.

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    I just came across this https://www.boredpanda.com/gray-hair...s-jack-martin/

It looks like the sort of thing you're describing, Upside Down.
    Oh those are really pretty. If there was someone who did that kind of things around here I would be tempted. Nevermind the blow outs, the colors look good. I think pic no 4 is closest to where I am more or less, in regards to base color and grays. I wouldn’t bleach my ends to that extend though. It looks great but oh man it would take way too much damage to go that light. Better wait for nature to do the majority of the work

Length
    24/47"/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I was thinking that, too. That hairstylist seems to like to make the ends look whiter than the roots which seemed pretty aggressive to me.