Thread: How effective is henna hair mask for oily hair?

Length
    22/24/26
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default How effective is henna hair mask for oily hair?

Hello Everyone
    I am facing sever hairfall and also pre-mature graying and I am very worried about it. I have been trying to find out the root cause of my hairfall and also ways in which I can stop it.
    I have already tried several home remedies such as oiling my hair regularly, using natural ingredients for my scalp, eating a balanced diet etc. but nothing seems to be helping me.
    I am aware that lifestyle changes and stress management are important for hairfall, but I'm not sure what else I can do to reduce it. Some people also suggestmed me to try herbal remedies, but I'm not sure if they're a safe option. However I heard about henna, egg, and yogurt hair masks which may help in restoring the natural balance of my scalp and preventing hairfall.
    I have also read about some special shampoos, conditioners as well as laser treatments to stop hairfall, but I'm not sure if these are effective or safe. So i am here to ask about this miracle mask effects and also the right products to use for my hair to reduce the massive hairfall I'm having. And What other treatments or products can I try to stop my hairfall? Are there any natural remedies that I can use to prevent my hair from falling out? Please help me in this situation. Also, is there any deal or coupon discount availabel for hair oils and other products.
    I would really appreciate any advice on how to reduce my hairfall. Thank you!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: How effective is henna hair mask for oily hair?

I cannot speak specifically to hairfall. Henna does tend to be drying, so it could reduce the oiliness of your hair (though it won't affect sebum production, or whatever oils you're intentionally adding to it).

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Henna didn't do anything to slow down my hair loss when it started, plus it will permanently color your hair.

You might try fenugreek and nettle powder, don't know for certain they will help but they won't hurt

Length
    22/24/26
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Hello Everyone

A few days ago, I asked about the hair fall problem. I also asked about Henna, an herbal remedy that can help reduce hair fall. The response was overwhelming! I received a lot of information and advice from many of you. Some recommended using Henna powder, while others suggested applying a paste made from Henna leaves directly on the scalp. There were even suggestions to mix the paste with other herbs like Amla, Brahmi, and Shikakai.

I am very thankful for all the helpful advice I have received! After doing some research about Henna, I decided to try it out. Here’s what I did:

First, I bought high-quality organic Henna powder (you can find this at most health food stores). Then, I mixed the powder with warm water to form a paste. I applied this paste to my scalp and left it on for about 45 minutes. After that, I washed it off with cool water. My hair was left feeling silky and softer than it ever has!

And for a discount on hair masks and hair products, I found a few deals I am sharing here:

nope

perhaps not

don't think so
    Last edited by Ylva; December 24th, 2022 at 06:11 AM. Reason: removed links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by symakhan View Post
    [FONT="]Hello Everyone[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I am facing sever hairfall and also pre-mature graying and I am very worried about it. I have been trying to find out the root cause of my hairfall and also ways in which I can stop it.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I have already tried several home remedies such as oiling my hair regularly, using natural ingredients for my scalp, eating a balanced diet etc. but nothing seems to be helping me.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I am aware that lifestyle changes and stress management are important for hairfall, but I'm not sure what else I can do to reduce it. Some people also suggestmed me to try herbal remedies, but I'm not sure if they're a safe option. However I heard about henna, egg, and yogurt hair masks which may help in restoring the natural balance of my scalp and preventing hairfall.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I have also read about some special shampoos, conditioners as well as laser treatments to stop hairfall, but I'm not sure if these are effective or safe. So i am here to ask about this miracle mask effects and also the right products to use for my hair to reduce the massive hairfall I'm having. And What other treatments or products can I try to stop my hairfall? Are there any natural remedies that I can use to prevent my hair from falling out? Please help me in this situation. Also, is there any deal or coupon discount availabel for hair oils and other products.[/FONT]
    I would really appreciate any advice on how to reduce my hairfall. Thank you!
    If you have hair loss, oiling the scalp is going to even make things worse...

Henna also stains the hair orange/red, and the grays even more intense, so that you will get an almost neon orange.

So be careful.

A normal amount of extra shedding is very normal for these days. You can lose up to 100 hairs per day and it will still be normal.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Are you able to talk to your doctor about this, to make sure the problem isn't medical?
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I agree with talking to your doctor. Also, it seems to me that the best thing to do in the meantime is the simplest routine to keep hair and scalp clean. Stop trying things; you could make the situation worse.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I agree with talking to your doctor. Also, it seems to me that the best thing to do in the meantime is the simplest routine to keep hair and scalp clean. Stop trying things; you could make the situation worse.
    ^^ So very very true! Bumping!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)