Thread: Hello!

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Hello!

Hello!

I’ve been growing out my hair for a few years now with a few hiccups along the way. I started at a quite cropped pixie length! My hair is now about BSL stretched and a little longer than APL when laying naturally. It has a variety of textures and curl patterns, though I mostly braid it these days to keep it wavy and manageable. I am growing out my layers and what were once curly bangs (sigh). My hair is also its natural color with a few sprinklings of sparkly white strands.

I’ve finally stopped with styling tools, although I still diffuse my roots on the lowest heat to keep my scalp dry. I’ve also quit hair salons after my last stylist used a razor and thinning shears on my hair when I asked her not to I’m still dealing with the damage and curl pattern disruption from that. I bought nice shears and constantly dust my ends to help.

My absolutely favorite oil has to be EVOO! It feels so luscious and leaves my hair incredibly glossy. I’m going to try cassia treatments soon and see if that works for my hair, especially for the coarse, wiry hairs I get. My hair styles are usually very messy especially as I don't use bobby pins anymore since they shred my hair. I’m still learning how to do more types of braids with my hair and learn how to use hair forks. And I switched out all of my elastics with silk scrunchies.

I love this journey. It has taught me patience, appreciation, and how to focus on the parts of the process I actually enjoy instead of focusing on an end result that feels so far away. I tend to singularly obsess about an interest and lose focus on everything else in my life (that ADHD brain ) but this isn't the type of hobby or interest that I can figure out overnight. This has been a healthy lesson for me.

Excited to say hello and hopefully be brave enough to actually join in on threads. I'm going to stop here before I drone on about more! I hope you are all having a lovely week

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hello!

You probably don't need me to say it, but I'll go right ahead and say it anyway: gorgeous hair and amazing texture. Texture that a lot of us (including me) can only dream of. Love it!

And such a gorgeous updo as well.

You'll fit right in! Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

That's so kind of you to say!! I adore your hair and texture. The shape is so perfect!

Thanks for the links in your signature, they are very helpful. I ended up trying the rinse-out oil today and my hair feels much softer than usual.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Welcome!

Your hair looks really great! Congratulations on your progress so far.
    I love Cassia treatments- I will give you a heads-up that I personally find them a little bit drying, but they offer a strengthening effect that I think is really helpful for hair that's not to be missed! I usually make sure to follow up my treatments with a deep conditioning treatment.

Do you have a hair length goal?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy! It seems like you've made amazing progress already, and I like your comments about how caring for long hair can teach patience/persistence ( ;

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hello welcome!

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    Welcome!

Your hair looks really great! Congratulations on your progress so far.
    I love Cassia treatments- I will give you a heads-up that I personally find them a little bit drying, but they offer a strengthening effect that I think is really helpful for hair that's not to be missed! I usually make sure to follow up my treatments with a deep conditioning treatment.

Do you have a hair length goal?
    Thank you so much! Is there a deep conditioning treatment you like? The ones I am trying to use up are not very moisturizing. I end up mixing oils into them when I use them.

I'm honestly not sure about a goal length. I would absolutely adore reaching knee-length one day. For now, I'm aiming for waist-length and then tailbone if I can take good care of it. I have scalp psoriasis and have had some shedding from subclinical hypothyroidism before, so that worries me a little. Fingers crossed the cassia helps with the psoriasis though!

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy! It seems like you've made amazing progress already, and I like your comments about how caring for long hair can teach patience/persistence ( ;
    Thank you! That was such a lesson for me. Getting from pixie-length to shoulder-length felt like it took forever! It was during the closures and I would obsessively check the length every morning, as if I was going to magically wake up with an extra inch or two. It took a bit of a mental shift to relax and get into a routine that's more comfortable and therapeutic.

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Garnetgem View Post
    Hello welcome!
    Thank you <3 I love your name, it makes me think of jewels and pomegranates!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights