Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want to tell my frizz GOODBYE FOREVER

Default Re: Want to tell my frizz GOODBYE FOREVER

Yes, your hair looks like 2c on the way to 3a. I've heard olaplex treatment restores sulfide bonds in hair, so if curly hair had some damage and loosened curl, it would help to spring it back. If your mask is something like that, than probably that's why it's making your hair curlier.
    My suggestion would be to wash with sulfate free shampoo, use VERY moisturing conditioner, do vinegar rinse while conditioner is still on and air dry your hair. I would say to hold off from protein products for now and see how your looks first.
    Also frizz has a lot to do with dew point and humidity. Like if you are walking in a fog, there's no way for hair not to look frizzy.

Thank you~
    I'm gonna start small with just sulfate free shampoo and loc. I'm gonna document the whole thing and post periodically here, so maybe I can help someone else with similar goals!

Length
    2/waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I have this kind of hair, and the only thing that ever made my frizz go away was to use plenty of aloe gel to gel it into defined curls. Maybe try that?

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I have this kind of hair, and the only thing that ever made my frizz go away was to use plenty of aloe gel to gel it into defined curls. Maybe try that?
    The fear I have with gel is that my hair will get stiff. And I usually touch my hair a lot, so it bothers me if it's anything but clean and soft
    I haven't tried any gels, but if I run out of options I think I will!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyt View Post
    The fear I have with gel is that my hair will get stiff. And I usually touch my hair a lot, so it bothers me if it's anything but clean and soft
    I haven't tried any gels, but if I run out of options I think I will!
    I use gel, my hair is soft. The trick is to use only about a heaping coinsize, spread it well between the palms of your hands, and scrunch that bit in, that's all you need, trust me! And I have classic length and use that little, so if your hair is shorter, use less.

Also try and find a gel without alcohol denat. / alcohol denatured in it. That is what is drying in gel. Only good alcohols are great, but that one? Big no!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Also with regards to gel, even if you did get some stiffness you can scrunch it out. This means breaking the gel cast using your hands. This doesnt nessaserily mean that the hairs will lift again creating frizz. The gel can tame them into position as they dry.

I tame frizz with coconut oil or, as others have mentioned, more moisture.

Also touching wavy or curly hair a lot can create frizz. Less is more.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyt View Post
    Thank you~
    I'm gonna start small with just sulfate free shampoo and loc. I'm gonna document the whole thing and post periodically here, so maybe I can help someone else with similar goals!
    Just make sure you clarify! I've been sulfate free for months now and I'm getting curls I never thought existed in my hair! But I forgot that we have to clarify and my hair got super unhappy. Back on track now.
    Moisture has made a huge difference getting rid of my friz.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Oh in that case I have to look into gels as well!
    Currently I'm trying to incorporate moisture, as Wendyp is suggesting