Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
I've never seen a setting to receive a notification when someone quotes my post-- it also seems the forum has a "tag" feature that will notify you if someone mentions you in a post, but I don't get notifications for that, either. I always assumed the former was not a feature of this forum, and the latter just wasn't working for me (or, I turned it off years ago and have forgotten it ever existed as a feature). I looked in "settings" and I can choose to be notified of PMs by email or a pop-up, but I don't see anything relating to quotes, tags, etc.
When you do a reply via the 'advanced' option you can choose then whether to subscribe to the thread and how to be notified. When I joined, the setting was automatically to send me an e-mail and that was really annoying! But you can change it - at the top of the thread is 'Thread tools' and there you can subscribe or unsubscribe from the thread. When you subscribe, you can choose how to be notified - by e-mail and the frequency of that, or simply through your control panel (which doesn't give a separate notification, but shows up in the list of new posts when you click on your own Settings). For existing subscriptions, you can in the 'Subscriptions' section of your settings, you can modify preferences for each individual thread.

[This is all for the full site btw, I have no idea whether the mobile site gives these options. I access the full site on everything, even on my phone.]