Thread: "You do not have permission to access this page"

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: "You do not have permission to access this page"

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I've never seen a setting to receive a notification when someone quotes my post-- it also seems the forum has a "tag" feature that will notify you if someone mentions you in a post, but I don't get notifications for that, either. I always assumed the former was not a feature of this forum, and the latter just wasn't working for me (or, I turned it off years ago and have forgotten it ever existed as a feature). I looked in "settings" and I can choose to be notified of PMs by email or a pop-up, but I don't see anything relating to quotes, tags, etc.
    When you do a reply via the 'advanced' option you can choose then whether to subscribe to the thread and how to be notified. When I joined, the setting was automatically to send me an e-mail and that was really annoying! But you can change it - at the top of the thread is 'Thread tools' and there you can subscribe or unsubscribe from the thread. When you subscribe, you can choose how to be notified - by e-mail and the frequency of that, or simply through your control panel (which doesn't give a separate notification, but shows up in the list of new posts when you click on your own Settings). For existing subscriptions, you can in the 'Subscriptions' section of your settings, you can modify preferences for each individual thread.

[This is all for the full site btw, I have no idea whether the mobile site gives these options. I access the full site on everything, even on my phone.]
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    When you do a reply via the 'advanced' option you can choose then whether to subscribe to the thread and how to be notified. When I joined, the setting was automatically to send me an e-mail and that was really annoying! But you can change it - at the top of the thread is 'Thread tools' and there you can subscribe or unsubscribe from the thread. When you subscribe, you can choose how to be notified - by e-mail and the frequency of that, or simply through your control panel (which doesn't give a separate notification, but shows up in the list of new posts when you click on your own Settings). For existing subscriptions, you can in the 'Subscriptions' section of your settings, you can modify preferences for each individual thread.

[This is all for the full site btw, I have no idea whether the mobile site gives these options. I access the full site on everything, even on my phone.]
    Oh, I know one can subscribe to a thread. But I was talking about the feature some sites have, where if someone quotes your post or tags you, you get a notification. Every thread subscription I've known of just lets you know if there are new posts in a thread, period.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

LHC is quite an old forum. So we don't have the same features as a lot of other forums, such as tagging people with names. "Rebulding" the forum would take quite a lot of time and money that I doubt that Stephanie has.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    LHC is quite an old forum. So we don't have the same features as a lot of other forums, such as tagging people with names. "Rebulding" the forum would take quite a lot of time and money that I doubt that Stephanie has.
    This came up in some thread a while ago - that it would actually be possible to implement a tagging feature on the LHC.

I'm not sure it's needed, though. I quite like it as it is. But perhaps it would help to keep the forum more competitive against newer social media such as Facebook groups for long hair.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Oh, I know one can subscribe to a thread. But I was talking about the feature some sites have, where if someone quotes your post or tags you, you get a notification. Every thread subscription I've known of just lets you know if there are new posts in a thread, period.
    Oh whoops, yes I see now that I misread your previous comment.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    This came up in some thread a while ago - that it would actually be possible to implement a tagging feature on the LHC.

I'm not sure it's needed, though. I quite like it as it is. But perhaps it would help to keep the forum more competitive against newer social media such as Facebook groups for long hair.
    I don't think that feature alone would make such a difference. I think that the biggest issue is that the forum isn't easy to use from a phone. But I like the forum as it is. I hate how lot's of the social media platform works with their algoritms...

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

I have a question:

I wanted to take a Look at my own Profile, but then I got the Message "You do not have permission to access this page"

I thought, when I have more than 25+ Posts I should see my own Profile and the Profile of other Members of the LHC ?

Can everybody help me with my question ?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick2300 View Post
    I have a question:

I wanted to take a Look at my own Profile, but then I got the Message "You do not have permission to access this page"

I thought, when I have more than 25+ Posts I should see my own Profile and the Profile of other Members of the LHC ?

Can everybody help me with my question ?
    Please take a look at the stickies in the newbie section of this forum. It says 25 quality posts, so that's probably not 50 "I love your long hair" posts.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Please take a look at the stickies in the newbie section of this forum. It says 25 quality posts, so that's probably not 50 "I love your long hair" posts.
    And, I'm not sure about this forum, but some forums don't count participation in game threads, or off-topic sections of the site, as posts toward the post count (which means someone can be new and post extensively in an "off topic" section of the forum, and still show a post count of 0.)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    OK, I see. But, how I know exactly, how many Quality Posts I have?
    And why, I can't see my own Profile?