Thread: Spray leave-in conditioner with no silicones, no protein - recs?

Default Spray leave-in conditioner with no silicones, no protein - recs?

I'm finally in a routine that seems to be working very well. I know, don't change what works! There's only one pricey item in the list and that's the Avenda Nutriplenish Leave-in conditioner. It works well and I REALLY prefer this spray bottle for leave ins (vs regular leave in bottles). The Aveda product is pricey - I'll continue to purchase it since it works but wouldn't mind trying for a cheaper (and likely 'better') alternative. Ideas?
    No silicones and no protein please.....
    I have fine 1C hair. I need something for everyday use that will absorb without looking greasy (save that for wash day).
    Thank you!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Spray leave-in conditioner with no silicones, no protein - recs?

Not sure if you're interested in a detangling spray, but I love the one from NightBlooming. https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/2...active_1&crt=1

If you're in the US it's not expensive for what you get. If you're in Europe like me, it cost quite a bit more with taxes and shipping but for me it's still worth it

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLady View Post
    I'm finally in a routine that seems to be working very well. I know, don't change what works! There's only one pricey item in the list and that's the Avenda Nutriplenish Leave-in conditioner. It works well and I REALLY prefer this spray bottle for leave ins (vs regular leave in bottles). The Aveda product is pricey - I'll continue to purchase it since it works but wouldn't mind trying for a cheaper (and likely 'better') alternative. Ideas?
    No silicones and no protein please.....
    I have fine 1C hair. I need something for everyday use that will absorb without looking greasy (save that for wash day).
    Thank you!
    I say stick to what you are using now!

I have this leave-in spray, very light, from Davines (also not cheap) and it's heavenly for fine hair. You just need a couple spritzes, and that's already enough, but it is not heavy in any way. Anyway, it's old, and I don't know if they still do it. It has no name on the bottle, but it is a big bottle.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I don’t know which side of the pond you are, but it’s available on both, so nevermind me

Carina Organics Sweet Pea Leave In Conditioner fits your description. My hair is medium, so you can take this rec with a grain of salt if you like, but it’s my HG spray leave in. It literally saves my wash day when I wasn’t heavy enough on the moisture. AND it doesn’t build up on my hair.

You can also look into Calia spray leave ins, but the hydrating one builds up on my hair so I wouldn’t recommend. YMMV though
    Chin • APL • BSL • MBL •WL​ • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Lady Marie of the Scarlet Kin
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Carina organics leave in conditioner is great. Also lush do a leave in conditioner called super milk too! Also really like that one.

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

A little late to the party, but just want to chime in. I just got the Garnier Fructis Air Dry+Detangle with Aloe Extract. I've only used it a couple times but so far I'm impressed with how soft and sleek and not frizzy it's made my hair. It also isn't building up which is something I struggle with with my ultra fine hair. It doesn't have silicone, I don't think it has protein.