Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone!

Length
    45/52/110
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Hi Everyone!

It's great to be here in this community. I'm Berley, a mother and nana who wishes to grow my hair for the first time in my life. Yes, that's right, the longest my hair has been before now was shoulder length.

My hair is 2c/3a/F/ii, natural colour (also for the first time in many years). The overwhelming colour now is grey and I'm aiming to grow my hair to hip length and for it to be healthy.

I look forward to reading information on the forum and am open to any advice on the best ways to keep my hair healthy while it grows.

Just recently I have started to only wash my hair weekly instead of every other day, and have changed to a natural shampoo bar and conditioner bar. Any other tips?

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Hi Everyone!

Howdy, nice to meet you! We actually have pretty similar hair types, it seems.

So much about hair care is "your mileage may vary" kind of stuff. What works best for me is paying attention to how my hair behaves, keeping track of how it reacts to different kinds of treatment, and ignoring it whenever it isn't bothering me ( ;

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome, welcome!

I wash weekly too. I love it! No natural stuff here, though. I have SD (seborrheic dermatitis), and have to be careful with what touches my scalp. Tried to go more gentle & natural too, but that did not work out for me. YMMV (your mileage may vary). If you can do it, by all means, go for it!

Try looking at the "Salt & Pepper" thread on the forum. It's a thread for those of us going gray, wanting to keep the gray around.

Good luck & Happy growing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hi, I'm new, too... had lurked around the site here and there for years whenever I wanted to learn about henna or Ficcare... Been doing CG for years. The weekly wash works best when I drink enough water!

Hello and welcome!

I don't have specific tips for you but you'll find a lot of information here! as other have said hair care is a lot about trying and seeing what works for you

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hi Berley and welcome!

I wanted to make you aware that we have a Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) thread for new members. It's a great way to begin a hairtoy collection when first starting out. If you are interested in checking it out, the offer may be found here.

If you have any questions on joining the RAOK list, please do not hesitate to PM me.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    45/52/110
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi Shelomit,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, you're right about taking notice of how my hair behaves, I hate to admit it, but until recently I have taken my hair for granted.

Length
    45/52/110
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi Lapushka,

Thanks for the advice, I will take a look at the group you suggested, it sounds just what's needed.

Length
    45/52/110
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi Shterntikl,

Water is something I try to drink a lot more of as well, and when I do drink enough I feel so much better physically as well.

Length
    45/52/110
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Hi CuteCrow,

Thank you for the welcome. I'm really looking forwards to experimenting to see what works best for my hair.