Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Professional Hair Care Users Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    So, I purchased a lot of new products. And I'm going to stay away from shopping a good while now, honestly, I promise.

Here is what I got, copied from my blog, and I didn't have energy to remove the Swedish prices...

- Kérastase: Elixir Ultime L´Huile Originale (100ml; 230 SEK)
    - Kérastase: Nutritive 8h Magic Night Serum (90ml; 284 SEK)
    - Redken: One United (150ml; 133 SEK)
    - Redken: Frizz Dismiss Mask (250ml; 167 SEK)
    - Redken; Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame leave in (250ml; 194 SEK)
    - Redken: Frizz Dismiss Shampoo (300ml; 164 SEK)
    - Wella Professionals: Fusion Mask (500 ml; 234 SEK)
    - Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Leave-in Treatment Set (Shampoo 300 ml, Conditioner 300 ml, Leave-in 150 ml; 558 SEK)

I even bought an Aquis hair turban (Classic Stretch in blue), which I didn't list in my blog, because I consider it as a different kind of purchase. But it's very nice and it came with 2 surprise silk scrunchies (blue and off white) which were very, very welcome.

I really like the Frizz Dismiss line, all the products are rich and slippery and a little goes a long way. I really liked how detangling the shampoo is, and hair still stays nice and fresh.

Kérastase Elixir Ultime oil is nice, I actually like it more than Redken's All Soft oil which I was happy with. This one has somehow better formula, I think it does more, it's slippery and my hair absorbs it very well. The smell is quite faint. I don't know if the Night serum does anything, but at least DH likes the smell.

I have used Wella Fusion masks only once, but it felt great, rich and slippery.

The Acidic Bonding set arrived today (I wasn't planning to get it yet, but... There were an extra discount...) and it was almost mind blowing experience. I took a shower, didn't had any pre-poo treatments, used only the shampoo and conditioner in shower and leave in afterwards, and my hair feels and looks amazing. It's shiny and silky with nice curls and even my colour looks great.

It's really concentrate, I didn't need much, and the shampoo was very detangling itself. Hair felt sleek in the shower.

But, there's a warning for sun burn(!) because it contains, um... AHA. The warning is for skin, but I'm wondering if it applies for the hair too, could it make hair more prone to photo bleaching? I have no idea... Anyone?

Then, the big question: where do these products belong in the capillary schedule, what kind of products are these?
    Very nice choice of products!

To answer your question of what kind of products these are for the capillary schedule...

- Kérastase: Elixir Ultime L´Huile Originale (100ml; 230 SEK): sealant / finalizer
    - Kérastase: Nutritive 8h Magic Night Serum (90ml; 284 SEK): repairing leave-in treatment, you can use it at night before going to bed to protect the hair
    - Redken: One United (150ml; 133 SEK): hydrating/nourishing leave-in
    - Redken: Frizz Dismiss Mask (250ml; 167 SEK): nourishing mask
    - Redken; Frizz Dismiss Rebel Tame leave in (250ml; 194 SEK): hydrating/nourishing hydrating leave-in
    - Redken: Frizz Dismiss Shampoo (300ml; 164 SEK): hydrating shampoo
    - Wella Professionals: Fusion Mask (500 ml; 234 SEK): hydro-repairing mask
    - Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Leave-in Treatment Set (Shampoo 300 ml, Conditioner 300 ml, Leave-in 150 ml; 558 SEK): hydrating line that is acidic

Very good choice of products overall to be honest. I'm glad you have had a good experience with them so far! Now I want that Acidic Bonding line too . You don't need to worry about sunburn with AHA in your hair products. If those are in shampoos, they exfoliate the scalp only. If it's on leave-on products, they help bring the pH down and give a smoothening effect due to the 'acidic' treatment, especially on high porosity hair that is naturally more alkaline. Acids are actually the main ingredients in keratin treatments (and not the keratin itself like it's marketed outside of Brazil lmao), bc they soften the cuticle etc but of course those are different to change the hair structure

Where did you buy the Aquis hair turban btw?
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Thank you so much pisinoe!

The Aquis turban came from Lookfantastic. The cheapest one with extra discount, of course, lol. I have been watching it for a good while now. Until now I have used my DH's very old t-shirts, which are literally falling apart. Though they are very soft. And when he saw the turbie, his comment was: Finally! I have been waiting for you to get rid of those rags...
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    12/25/37
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Oh yay, other people who use professional products! I usually use Vegamour, but recently I have been enjoying Redken Acidic Bonding set (shampoo, conditioner and leave in) I also like Redken All Soft and All Soft Mega. I use the All Soft Heavy Cream as a deep conditioner every couple weeks. I also use a ton of Fanola products, mostly the leave in stuff. I like the Leave in Conditioner, 10 Actions Spray, Diamante Puro oil, and the Smooth care protection serum. The fiber fix shampoo and fiber fix bonding mask are also good, I just haven't used them in a while.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Thank you so much pisinoe!

The Aquis turban came from Lookfantastic. The cheapest one with extra discount, of course, lol. I have been watching it for a good while now. Until now I have used my DH's very old t-shirts, which are literally falling apart. Though they are very soft. And when he saw the turbie, his comment was: Finally! I have been waiting for you to get rid of those rags...
    Do you have an exact link? I kinda want one now too that they're -30% off, but I also want the extra satin scrunchies haha! It's always nice to treat oneself, especially when it's worth it

Quote Originally Posted by BlushingRose View Post
    Oh yay, other people who use professional products! I usually use Vegamour, but recently I have been enjoying Redken Acidic Bonding set (shampoo, conditioner and leave in) I also like Redken All Soft and All Soft Mega. I use the All Soft Heavy Cream as a deep conditioner every couple weeks. I also use a ton of Fanola products, mostly the leave in stuff. I like the Leave in Conditioner, 10 Actions Spray, Diamante Puro oil, and the Smooth care protection serum. The fiber fix shampoo and fiber fix bonding mask are also good, I just haven't used them in a while.
    Welcome!
    I also like Redken All Soft mask! Can't wait to try the acidic line
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Review timeee

MoroccanOil Smooth Mask

Ok, so this is possibly the best nourishing mask I've used yet, that doesn't have a repairing effect as well (those usually make my hair brittle). My hair was amazingly soft and frizz-free, even using it wavy! It was a bit harder to spread because it truly is like butter and it doesn't melt the hair right away but I let it on for 15 min and afterwards my hair was sooooo soft! I thought it would get heavy because it felt so smooth and took longer to dry but it was just amazing! I looooooooove it!!!!

Then today I tried the Orofoluido Asia Zen Mask to compare, and I don't like it as much. It's fine, really. But doesn't do that much for frizz and dryness. Glad I just got a 40ml sample. I like the smell but won't purchase a bigger size.

I even blow dried for 5min to dry it completely which is usually more forgiving but my hair just doesn't look as good as I like it to. Putting it in a twisted bun now with some Davines Oi Oil usually helps.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    Do you have an exact link? I kinda want one now too that they're -30% off, but I also want the extra satin scrunchies haha! It's always nice to treat oneself, especially when it's worth it

Welcome!
    I also like Redken All Soft mask! Can't wait to try the acidic line
    I went to look for it, but it's sold out now, so I couldn't link to it, but it was the bright blue one (Aquis Classic Stretch Turban - Blue): https://www.lookfantastic.com/elysiu...0hair%20turban

I don't know this brand so well, so I don't know if the scrunchies are included only with this model or if they always do so...

I have been wearing the white scrunchie a lot, and usually I don't even like white. I decided I will use them every night too because I suppose they're extra gentle.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Review timeee

MoroccanOil Smooth Mask

Ok, so this is possibly the best nourishing mask I've used yet, that doesn't have a repairing effect as well (those usually make my hair brittle). My hair was amazingly soft and frizz-free, even using it wavy! It was a bit harder to spread because it truly is like butter and it doesn't melt the hair right away but I let it on for 15 min and afterwards my hair was sooooo soft! I thought it would get heavy because it felt so smooth and took longer to dry but it was just amazing! I looooooooove it!!!!

Then today I tried the Orofoluido Asia Zen Mask to compare, and I don't like it as much. It's fine, really. But doesn't do that much for frizz and dryness. Glad I just got a 40ml sample. I like the smell but won't purchase a bigger size.

I even blow dried for 5min to dry it completely which is usually more forgiving but my hair just doesn't look as good as I like it to. Putting it in a twisted bun now with some Davines Oi Oil usually helps.

Especially liking the first picture, but I like wavy and curly textures (ever since accepting my own wild poof LOL). Very pretty!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Review timeee

MoroccanOil Smooth Mask

Especially like both pictures! I love both wavy and straight hair like mine! Very pretty!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I went to look for it, but it's sold out now, so I couldn't link to it, but it was the bright blue one (Aquis Classic Stretch Turban - Blue): https://www.lookfantastic.com/elysiu...0hair%20turban

I don't know this brand so well, so I don't know if the scrunchies are included only with this model or if they always do so...

I have been wearing the white scrunchie a lot, and usually I don't even like white. I decided I will use them every night too because I suppose they're extra gentle.
    Thank youuuu! I might give it a try... if only I didnt spend so much already T_T oh well! I got a bunch of scrunchies for real cheap lately so I'll make do with what I have now!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Especially liking the first picture, but I like wavy and curly textures (ever since accepting my own wild poof LOL). Very pretty!
    Thank you lapushka! I think I'm starting to like the waves way better now as well at this length!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Especially like both pictures! I love both wavy and straight hair like mine! Very pretty!
    Thank you!

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Yesterday I used the Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner! And I gotta say, it's sooo thick and buttery, feels exactly like a mask! I never had to use so little conditioner before in my life lol!

Results-wise... It also felt like a mask on my hair. Not as good as my best ones, which frankly I can't ask for that, but it controlled my frizz and dryness super well. And sealed the hair so it doesnt look porous either! I don't have good pics but i took this one by the window today and you can check the result:

The big size is so expensive though. I'll have to wait for a gooood sale. No way Im paying 77€ for it lol. If I can get it for 40-50€ I can live with that.