Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Correct me if I’m wrong?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Question Correct me if I’m wrong?

Ok so it was my understanding that as a new member, once I reached the 25+ status, I would then be able to edit my own profile and add an avatar picture...but I still can’t access my profile. Does anyone know why?

I was so looking forward to customizing my profile and updating inaccurate information that I just couldn’t figure out in the middle of the night, when I first joined this site.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Correct me if I’m wrong?

I’m sorry! Think I might have just figured out that I need to click “settings” to make changes to my profile. I was clicking “my profile” and it said I didn’t have access. Strange though.

Also, when will I be able to edit my posts? I’m a bit of a perfectionist and although I try to proofread well, sometimes I miss mistakes and would love to be able to correct them.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

You could have added an avatar at the time you initially registered but since you didn't, you gotta make 25 "quality" posts to get at your profile to do so. Based on my reading you already have so just wait a day maybe for the admins to kickstart the forum (it's had a bunch of issues recently with 2X posting at least and access from the internet at large where it will be suddenly "gone" [error 503] for an hour for me at least)

Since you can't PM an admin, post in the site support forum? //Good luck.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    You could have added an avatar at the time you initially registered but since you didn't, you gotta make 25 "quality" posts to get at your profile to do so. Based on my reading you already have so just wait a day maybe for the admins to kickstart the forum (it's had a bunch of issues recently with 2X posting at least and access from the internet at large where it will be suddenly "gone" [error 503] for an hour for me at least)

Since you can't PM an admin, post in the site support forum? //Good luck.
    Yes, I knew that about the avatar at registration but it was the middle of the night and I couldn’t take time to make one. Haha! Besides, I’m the type who will likely change their avatar 16 times to Sunday. Lol. I’ve got one now.

Thanks for the tips, foreveryours. All is good. I just hope I can edit soon. I will be patient.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My understanding has always been that the 25 quality posts is not automatic. Someone has to check that the 25 posts are "quality", hence it is not an automated thing that just <snaps fingers> happens once you get to 25... if that makes sense.

Just post a little more, and... be a bit more patient.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My understanding has always been that the 25 quality posts is not automatic. Someone has to check that the 25 posts are "quality", hence it is not an automated thing that just <snaps fingers> happens once you get to 25... if that makes sense.

Just post a little more, and... be a bit more patient.
    Ok yes lapushka, I will be patient. I also read that if admin sees that you have multiple posts of replies, with multiple quotings (which I do because I am not sure how to respond to several quotes all at ones in one post yet) that they may condense your multiple posts into one...which I’m thinking may subtract from my post count if they do this. No biggie though...as I will be here gabbing about hair until the cows come home.

“Quality posts” made me giggle though. Too funny.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I did not come up with the term "quality posts", though. It's a general accepted term here.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I'd also like to ask a question about this - what exactly does a 'quality post' entail? Does it just mean that as long as your post is on-topic and not grammatically egregious it will count as one of the 25? Or are there other criteria involved such as a minimum length of post, how helpful it was, etc? Since I'm a newbie, if I ask a question would that count as a quality post or do you have to be contributing information/advice?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by maddie9 View Post
    I'd also like to ask a question about this - what exactly does a 'quality post' entail? Does it just mean that as long as your post is on-topic and not grammatically egregious it will count as one of the 25? Or are there other criteria involved such as a minimum length of post, how helpful it was, etc? Since I'm a newbie, if I ask a question would that count as a quality post or do you have to be contributing information/advice?
    It just means you can't have 25 posts saying, "yes I do that too", or "I agree" or "I don't agree". See what I mean? As long as there is *some* meaningful content, at least that has always been my understanding, it counts. In other words, you are just required to participate in a meaningful way to the forum, and if they see that "effort" being put in, it's all good. HTH!

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It just means you can't have 25 posts saying, "yes I do that too", or "I agree" or "I don't agree". See what I mean? As long as there is *some* meaningful content, at least that has always been my understanding, it counts. In other words, you are just required to participate in a meaningful way to the forum, and if they see that "effort" being put in, it's all good. HTH!
    It does, thanks for clarifying!