Page 373 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 14958

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

I'm so sorry too, Cindi! Here is a very supportive and fun place to be, I hope you enjoy it. Your hair seems to grow really fast too!! I hope you get well.

Type
    1a/F/i

To Cindi: I hope you get through this with flying colors, and that your hair is back where you want it to be before you know it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Eponabri View Post
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but this thread seems to be the best. It's been a long time since I've been on the site.. a couple of months ago, I chopped 9 inches off my hair out of frustration. I've spent the past year trying to recover from radiation for Lymphoma. I just learned that my cancer returned and now I have to have chemotherapy. The doctor told me that the drugs they will be using it almost certain that I will lose my hair. I'm going to go and get a super short hair cut so that I don't end up with handfuls of hair on my pillow and clothes. I have not been to a hair stylist for about 10 years! I know my hair will grow back and hopefully it will grow long again. I just hope it doesn't take 10 more years. It use to grow out to waist length in just three years. But now with my age and three rounds of cancer, I might not be as lucky this time.

Anyway, I'll try to check in more often.

Cindi

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

So sorry to hear your news, Cindi - my mom has battled lymphoma on and off for about 25 years now - she is still going strong at age 72, so there is hope.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post

My own hair drama seems totally insignificant in comparison, but I'm still wavering on whether to trim - and whether to re-cut my bangs. I'm noticing my wrinkles so much more without bangs! I'm thinking that I can always grow them out later, when the rest of my hair is longer - or is that more of a PITA than growing them out with the rest of it? Ugh, I really wanted to see how I'd look with it all long and one length, but (a) it's driving me nuts right now, and (b) I'm not at all sure I'm gonna like it anyway!
    Maybe cutting bangs is a good idea, CrisDee. You could then wear your hair up and not have to worry about the sides falling out. Trimming a bit of the length may also be a good idea, this way you will feel like you have a "new look" which may be just the boost you need!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Crisdee, if you get a trim, I vote for Julie at juju salon, she would do an amazing job! She is such a good listener and was so careful to make sure she understood what I wanted. Plus you get to be pampered with all-natural organic hair products that smell delicious. I am still loving my trim after a few weeks of styling it different ways so I think she did a really great job.

Length
    3 in./APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

Cyndi I'm sending you hugs and prayers! i hope that your hair grows back quickly!
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived"~ Strictly Ballroom

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

jaine - I have heard such good things about juju salon - too bad I live so far away!

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Well my trimming decision may have been made for me by my hair - I did my first ponytail yesterday with no clips!

If it were freshly washed, some of it still would have fallen out, but it felt SOOOOO wonderful to get it out of my face while doing housework! Still not sure I'm loving the look of no bangs, we'll see...

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Pretty!!!!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    Well my trimming decision may have been made for me by my hair - I did my first ponytail yesterday with no clips!

If it were freshly washed, some of it still would have fallen out, but it felt SOOOOO wonderful to get it out of my face while doing housework! Still not sure I'm loving the look of no bangs, we'll see...
    CONGRATULATIONS! NOW, FORGET WHAT I SUGGESTED PREVIOUSLY.......