Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention mods please :)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Attention mods please :)

I... err... subtly (ahem) feel "one of those" epic threads coming along.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    It's so funny how the one's that claim to be the most Christian always act the least Christian in every way possible. lol It's a strange phenomena to witness and unfortunately very common. Please get well soon.

In most cases, people who are truly strong and content in their beliefs generally keep it to themselves. Maybe something for you to think about.
    Without going into the contents of a previous thread too much, I just wanted to make this plain general statement: I am Christian too. So, well to me at least, it all made no sense.

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I've been seeing this 'I'm a true(?!) Christian, and will therefore be saved" thing all over. I don't reply to those, because I would totally lose it and go against KNIT. It makes me have very aggressive thoughts. You believe your God is the only true God. I believe there is no God. Why do you think you are right and everyone else is wrong? Who gives you the right to go around and state your God is only true God? Who gives you the right to tell other people they will not be saved? Whatever that means. Have you also noticed that Muslim extremist believe that they have ONE TRUE GOD?!
    Also, I'm not sure what religion those true Christians believe? I'm raised in Orthodox Christianity, we(here where I am) here refer to each other as Christians. But we don't have that- You will not be saved moment. In the future I will report whenever someone says anything remotely close to "I'm only true Believer and you will not be saved". It sounds dangerously close to KKK.
    Growing virgin hip length

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    On the flip side, I see a lot of subtle digs FROM Christians to all of us heathen / non-Christian folk. I'm sure I see these because of my point of view more than you do, just like you're more aware of the ones towards Christians than I am.

Far more than once on these boards I've gotten the "oh, pity you won't be saved, but *I* will because of my belief in the ~one true God~" undercurrent in a post (and it's even been said directly rather than implied.) That's the kind of thing that can read as "oh that's just the way it is!" to one set here, and deeply, deeply insulting to someone like me.

ETA: Implying that someone else is going to roast in a lake of fire is not KNIT. It doesn't matter if it's the truth to you, it's rude and unnecessary to imply with the "oh, but I'M saved" [narrator: but you are not] thing. It's in that entire EULA with God that by trumpeting one's salvation, the other side of that is the 'threat' of what awaits those that are not / choose not to be 'saved'. /ETA

We're each more likely to see the slights against us, but that doesn't mean slights against others don't exist in our own blind spots. What I'm getting at here is that there's no special persecution against Christians going on, but I can see how as one you might think that because of confirmation bias (which is something we all have, and should be aware of).
    Nightshade I would actually put myself into the same category that you have referred to for yourself. I have no EULA lol. I would react the same as you have to posts implying or saying that someone is not saved and will suffer the consequences. Definitely not KNIT. Yes, it works both ways as you say and that is fair to point out!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I think that there have been digs or slights from both Christians and non-Christians on LHC in the past. I think the biggest thing I've learned as I've gotten older is that no matter what we believe, if we treat others with kindness even when (maybe especially when) they aren't living a life we approve of, then everyone will be better for it.

Belgrade Beauty I think many religions have the belief that you have to live a certain way to go to Heaven or to live with God etc. But, I know that mine, at least, reserves hell for only the really evil like, say, Hitler. Everyone else will go to some form of heaven proportional to how they lived their life on earth - and that is largely regardless of what religion they follow on earth. I like the idea of gradients of heaven much better than a black and white heaven/hell.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Thanks for sharing this song. I've never listened to the words before.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'd also like to share one of my favorite Christmas music videos. What a fantastic mashup of Christian and pagan imagery.

Also, Annie can sing a freaking cookbook and it'd sound amazing
    Last edited by Nightshade; December 25th, 2020 at 03:48 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I'd also like to share one of my favorite Christmas music videos. What a fantastic mashup of Christian and pagan imagery.

Also, Annie can sing a freaking cookbook and it'd sound amazing
    Oooooh yeah! Good 'ole Annie. Man, her voice is golden!

Type
    1b/F/i

Love me some Annie Lennox. This is my favorite version of that song though. Unfortunately, no awesome video accompaniment.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I'm glad that listening to Annie Lennox singing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen and watching the video was part of my Christmas evening. What a powerful voice she has! The imagery seems to bring us back to the original roots of the song and while uplifting it also reflects a more sombre side. Very enjoyable and interesting.