Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody relate to this? I have fear of going to get hair cut.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Can anybody relate to this? I have fear of going to get hair cut.

If it's that long, you can probably do it yourself.

People who want blunt cuts (even, V-shape, U-shape) usually use Feye's self-trimming method. You can't mess this up all the way to shoulder, for sure:
    https://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I second Lapushka, you could cut/trim it yourself. That way you are in complete control.

I've never had a hairdresser cut more than I've asked. But I have had disagreements with them at the start. I've been told that I *need* to have more cut more off than requested, or that it "looks like a mop", or that "its getting too long". I always start with I'm growing it so I don't want that much taken off.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    ?/40/42.5
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I have unfortunately also had a similar experience with a hairdresser cutting off about 6 inches during a "trim" where I had asked for not more than an inch taken. I feel your pain! But I agree with the others here that maybe it might be a bit of an unusual experience for some hairdressers when we go to see someone who spends all of their time cutting hair and then say we don't want them to cut our hair. Maybe they think we don't really mean it? I will say that those experiences prompted me to start doing my own trims. I've also seen a bunch of people on here talking about George Michael salons that cater to (?) or are respectful of long hair, but honestly I don't know anything about them. Perhaps if I found one I might go back to having a professional do the snipping!

Unless the intention of the hairdresser was to sell your hair from the beginning I don't think she did it out of malice. It also depends on how she cut that much hair to start off, like did she gather all the hair and cut a chunk of it? or was it more gradual?
    I don't think this is a case of the hairdresser not knowing how to measure inches. You clearly showed her how much you wanted to be cut, not just told her. In cases like this what I've seen a lot is that hairdressers either think you want "all the damage" gone without asking first or showing and informing you how high up the damage they see is, or they think they know better than you what you want and decide to give you certain shape or length, again without asking first.
    I do think the shorter hair suits you but I feel your pain as it's been suggested I'd use self trimming after an experience like this

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

The next time I'll go to a hair salon I'll bring a person with me to stand behind them the WHOLE TIME and watch how much hair they're cutting.

I didn't have any damage in my hair. I haven't dyed or bleached my hair in years or used blow dryer etc...my hair were in a very good condition.

She didn't cut them all at once. She put them all up and then cut them gradually. Thing is I told her I don't want any change in hair style...just to cut them straight and showed her how much. I just wanted it to be a little shorter because it was weighing me down. But I'm shocked at the result because I was so sure that I spoke very clearly.

I don't even know what to think. But I kind of feel like going to places where they sell wigs etc to see if I find a wig made out of my hair somewhere.
    I'm thinking maybe here in Panama they do run some scams...maybe not in U.S. but here...and also they probably see I'm a foreigner and don't expect me to come back again anyway...

The reason I'm so bitter is because I just realized that it's gonna take me like about 2 years to grow my hair back since I read it grows only half an inch a month.. I thought it was faster than that.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

AVERAGE hair growth is 1/2"/month, Carena. That means there are those who grow slower and those who grow faster.

I feel your pain, I really do! I'm looking at different ways to boost my hair growth, so I can get back where I used to be faster (but with a more even hemline ).
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I’m so sorry this happened to you, the pics blew me away at how much she cut off! I’m a former hairdresser and there is no excuse for doing anything other than what the individual wants. I just don’t understand when I hear/see something like this because it goes against everything we were taught in cosmetology school. If they sell hair and make that much off of it, I wouldn’t get another haircut while there.
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

this certainly makes me want to be a hairdresser even more! longhairs and future longhairs will be able to hair their hair cut by a fellow future longhair and not have to worry that all their hard work growing isn't ruined, it honestly seems like a jealousy thing to me your hair looked lovely, I have read somewhere it is best to maybe find a hairdresser who has really long hair themselves, they'd be more understanding of how hard it was to grow hair long and trim accordingly
    Last edited by Bat; August 5th, 2020 at 09:08 PM.
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Length
    22/44/50
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

There’s way too many “misunderstandings” in the world of hair dressing for this to all be coincidental. Not to compare apples to oranges but in my profession a misunderstanding could cost a patient their life. Call me old fashioned but I hold anyone with a license to a certain standard. This looks like jealousy. Ive seen it before, and have had it happen to myself once. I completely understand your fear.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've never even had anything like this actually happen to me BUT because of the horror stories I've heard I do have this fear.
    I only go to the hairdresser when I'm willing to have too much taken off, otherwise I get a friend to do it or do it myself.
    Just trying to get by