Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling all my hair toys to loving homes

Default Selling all my hair toys to loving homes

[SIZE=2]
    UPDATE: All proceeds of this sale are going to my friend's face mask making effort! Prices have also been lowered.

Hello my old LHC friends and those who are browsing. This is hard for me to say, but I have developed a patch of alopecia on the back of my head. After about two years of patience, I am giving up and selling my hair toys. I just don’t think the hair is coming back, and I don’t think buns with toys are going to work anymore.

But. My loss is your gain. Here are the terms:

• All forks have a head curve. I can make a second post with detail pictures if requested.

• All prices USD. I am also open to knocking a few bucks off the total price of bundled orders. I want these beauties gone to loving homes! Make me an offer if you want to haggle.

• Shipping inside continental USA: $5 per package. Shipping outside continental USA: $12 per package. Shipping inside the state of Texas: free!

• Payment via Paypal. Please PM me to claim an item and then we can work out payment and shipping info. I will hold items for 24 hours after you promise payment, and then items will be relisted if no payment happens.

• I will delete the text of the item listings as they sell, so that everyone is viewing the most up to date information in real time.

Items for sale:

1 - WoodEverIImagine stick. Black acrylic with red topper, functional length: 5 inches, total length: 6 ½ inches. $18

2 - WoodEverIImagine stick. Green “Malachite TruStone,” Functional length: 5 ½ inches, total length:6 ½ inches. $18

3 - Sold

4 - Sold

5 - Sold

6 - Timberstone Turnings stick. Snowflake inlay, gold leaf and mother of pearl. So hard to part with. Functional length: 7 inches. $60

7 - Unknown Black wood fork. Dancing fox topper. Functional length: 4 ½ inches, total length: 7 inches. $5

8 - Unknown rose gold flower-topped hair pins. Sturdy metal. Functional length: just under 3 inches, total length: just over 3 inches. $6 total to get both

9 - Sold

10 - Unknown bronze wire hair fork with wrapping and black/clear beaded accents - one of my favorites!! Functional length: 5 inches, total length: just under 6 inches. $10

11 - Unknown bronze wire hair fork with wrapping and clear / multi beaded accents - one of my favorites!! Functional length: 4 inches, total length: just under 5inches. $10

12 - Sold

13 - Red acrylic fork. Functional length: 4 inches, total length: just under 5 inches. Chunky. $8

14 - Sold

15 - Sold

16 - Sold

17 - Rootiebirds fork. Natural copper, aged black, two curves. Functional length: 5 ½ inches. Sturdy and good for thick hair! $20

18 - Sold

19 - Sold

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by triumphator!; April 13th, 2020 at 10:31 AM.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Selling all my hair toys to loving homes

I’m so sorry to hear of your troubles with your scalp!

Thanks Wildcat Diva It's been weird. You wouldn't know it if my hair is down or in a braid. But anything "up" is distinctly unstable.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I'm so sorry to hear of your hair troubles, and hope that it still will grow back for you! :gouphug:
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hang in there. I had balding (3 rather big patches) going through puberty (at the very start of it) and the doctor concluded it was hormones. Maybe if you are going through any transition, it could be that, and not permanent. It took a year for me, but my hormones balanced out quite quickly. Thankfully.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with your swap, but good luck!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

The Bookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Residence, The Lady of the House Speaking!
    Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

triumphator! I'm so very sorry to hear you are going through this! You have probably tried everything under the sun, and the last thing I want to do is add to your troubles. I would remiss though if I didn't tell you what made my hair grow back. Eggs, whisked, left on my scalp with a light massage every night and slept in with a shower cap. After a henna (which turned out to be full of metals and salts) disaster much of my hair fell out or broke and my middle part was an inch wide for over two years. My father said his father was going bald in the 1950's and someone suggested he apply egg white to his scalp every night. He did this for years, I am told, and had a very thick head of hair at his death.

The other thing I used was a quarter size dollop of castor oil at my temples where I had an incredibly bad receding hairline. I would rub it in then go to sleep and wash out the next day. I am 48 and have had this problem since high school when I grew out my hair. Within 4 months I saw new growth and the hairline is now completely filled in. This took about a year and a half. The change has been incredible and I only now do it once a week, with 2T coconut oil, 2T olive oil, 2 eggs, 1T honey overnight then rinse out with water....no shampoo required as the egg whites cleanse.

As I said, I hope it is ok I am writing this. These simple ingredients made my hair grow back thick, and luscious and healthy without the risk of harsh chemicals. It did take time, but it worked in the end. Either way, I hope it grows back for you and that you go on to thrive!

Warmest wishes, Gaelic Girl
    Last edited by Gaelic Girl; February 24th, 2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: syntax
    Lady Tailtiu of the Emerald Moors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights // GaelStorm - My Photo Album

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Really sorry you're going through this, triumphator! I hope you can still enjoy your hair in the styles that work for you.
    A lurker who loves swaps

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm so sorry to hear this triumphator! but I am glad to see you

SarahLabyrinth, Lapushka, Gaelic Girl, Hailwidis, and Nightshade -- all old friends and friendly faces, wow!!! You are all so sweet. I really appreciate your encouragement The patch I have is not *terribly* big and it doesnt seem to be spreading since this time last year... so I am hoping it is just a quirky thing I have now. I thought it was traction alopecia at first but it continued to spread a little after I cut all my hair off to my chin. I have no clue. But you can't see it when my hair is down or in a french braid. Right now I am battling sore scalp / follicles, so I am trying to be as careful as possible!! Honestly, I think its from the stress of being a lawyer haha....

Bump bump