Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka108 View Post
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and very excited to be here. On a mission to grow my hair and keep it long and healthy.

Currently at 29 and 3/4 inches and haven't dyed my hair for 2.5 years. Chopped it all off from near this length to NL in June 2017 and recently had a 1.5 inch trim Oct. 2019. I've intermittently trimmed my own split ends when I see them and was happy that the October trim evened out the hemline.

Now is around the longest I've ever had my hair, excited to get it to waist length and beyond.
Enjoying the support, tips and hairstyles I've seen in this forum so far.

I've also never tried henna before and am very curious about its strengthening properties. I love the bright fiery red look and actually had my hair bright poppy red 3.5 years ago, which I loved. My natural colour however, is very dark brown so I'm not sure red would show up much except in the light. I also am beginning to have a few grey hairs which I would love to cover with henna. I have also heard that fermented rice washes can help with that, and just made a post about it on the Fermented Rice Wash thread.

Excited to be here, to learn and to grow!
My hair is a darker than medium brown, but just shy of dark brown, depending on PoV.

Natural color pictures:

Hair on henna:

I get very concerned when I see newbies go on about henna by the by. Henna is permanent. On par with getting a tattoo permanent. You're cutting your hair to get it out permanent. Which kind of completely negates the strengthening benefits if you dislike the color at all and want to go back. It took me years to grow the henna out and it was miserable. The first natural color pic is the pic that i took after cutting out most of the last. The discoloration at the bottom is still leftovers (I went cherry cola after the example pictures above).

As for why I stopped henna after doing it for years and years and years, and having been a redhead (from either dye or henna) much of my life? Because my hair is ashy. Henna is orange. My regrowth looked grey. The upkeep sucked bad due to the greyness.