Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project use-it-up for 2020!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Project use-it-up for 2020!

I am doing a project use-it-up or "panning" project again, this time for 2020.

Who wants to join me?

What you need to do?
    List what you have used up; and each time you have used something new just repost your list and add the product to the list.

Also please list your conditioners and shampoos, gels, styling products, etc. grouped together, going from highest content to lowest content.

You can take a look at the first year of this project to see how to list stuff:
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=145981

This is an example!

3x 500ml Inecto coconut conditioner.
    1x 400ml Palmolive Basics conditioner.
    1x 400ml Pantene Pro-V full&thick conditioner.
    1x 250ml Odina conditioner.
    1x 200ml Sunsilk UV filter conditioner.

1x 500ml Pantene Aqua Light shampoo.
    1x 250ml Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine shampoo.

1x 150ml Neutral gel

Only list fully emptied out products, please, and if you have repurposed a shampoo or conditioner or any other item, please do not count it in this challenge. Only things that have been used on your own head, please. Thank you!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Project use-it-up for 2020!

I know I am early. Last year I even posted the list in June. So there you go. LOL!

I am antsy and can't wait.

You can discuss your intentions and goals (how many do you want to use up) for next year in the mean time! Please don't list to-do lists or lists you want to create next year, as this will undoubtedly lead to confusion.

Just discuss, and next year start posting your lists.
    Thank you!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I’ll join as usual.

Right now in the 2019 thread I’m doing a use-it-up marathon for the rest of the year, not opening any new bottles or jars unless absolutely necessary, and it has felt great to get rid of a lot of bottles that have just been sitting around waiting to expire. I now have much less stuff to kick around in the shower.

In 2020, I should be able to use more products that I actually enjoy.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

I'm in; I don't really have loads of products but I'd like to see what I do use in a year.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RunOnCaffeine View Post
    I'm in; I don't really have loads of products but I'd like to see what I do use in a year.
    That's all the fun of it for me. It also helps keep me accountable. I set myself a rule to buy less than what I use up. So far, it's not been that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That's all the fun of it for me. It also helps keep me accountable. I set myself a rule to buy less than what I use up. So far, it's not been that bad.
    That's definitely a good rule I think I've got about 20 in total, about half for washing and half for styling, many of which I don't plan to repurchase

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I’m in. I got a lot of stuff to try out since joining the forum, and next year I only want to have a stash of what truly works for my hair.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome to all wanting to join!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm joining this one also Should be fun! I want to see how much more conditioner I need as my hair grows longer. Next year should be more about using up my stash and not switching between products so much.

I used 17 full bottles of product this year. I had couple of half empty shampoos and conditioners but actually used only one full bottle of shampoo, seven full bottles of conditioner and four full bottles of hair mask, also four small packs of hair mask and two scalp lotions. I'll make a guesstimate for next year: 2 full bottles of shampoo, 9 full bottles of conditioner and 6 full bottles of hair mask + two or three scalp lotions.

I really hoped that I would use up my deep cleansing shampoo this year but it still has maybe five uses left. It's probably two years old and the expiry date is next year's spring. I just want to get a new deep cleansing/chelating shampoo already! I'll be so happy when I use that one up... gonna celebrate it here lol.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    I'm joining this one also Should be fun! I want to see how much more conditioner I need as my hair grows longer. Next year should be more about using up my stash and not switching between products so much.

I used 17 full bottles of product this year. I had couple of half empty shampoos and conditioners but actually used only one full bottle of shampoo, seven full bottles of conditioner and four full bottles of hair mask, also four small packs of hair mask and two scalp lotions. I'll make a guesstimate for next year: 2 full bottles of shampoo, 9 full bottles of conditioner and 6 full bottles of hair mask + two or three scalp lotions.

I really hoped that I would use up my deep cleansing shampoo this year but it still has maybe five uses left. It's probably two years old and the expiry date is next year's spring. I just want to get a new deep cleansing/chelating shampoo already! I'll be so happy when I use that one up... gonna celebrate it here lol.
    You did pretty good, IMO!

We'll celebrate with you when the time comes!