Thread: One year of hair growth

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default One year of hair growth

I’m so happy to share my one year of growth here. I chopped my hair last year on 30/9 because of heat damage to APL+. My hair has always been so fragile as it breaks so easily which always causes thin ends. In all of my life i have always tried to grow my hair but when i reach a certain length with my hair which is hip length i straighten it and then feel that my ends are damaged from just one or two straightening sessions. The next step is to chop it again to Either bsl or apl while saying that the next time i will start over with fresh ends and i will never put heat in my hair again . I never broke that cycle, even this year my hair was doing great until i straightened it twice . The last time(one week ago) in a salon and my hair was a complete disaster it was the driest hair i have ever seen. I cried that night and i regret using heat on my hair . Today i decided to cut my hair after taking a shower and smelling smoke in my hair however i didn’t chop my hair as usual i just cut 5 cms off . My hair is now 73 cm exactly which is still long but i still have some damage.when i think about how my hair was 78 cms long with thick ends and it was ruined by me i feel really bad.i hope this year will be so much better for my hair.
    what i learnt this year?
    -never Use heat. if you have coarse hair you can use it every once in a while but if you have fine hair using heat even once a year will cause damage.
    -eat well, when i changed my diet my hair grew like crazy.
    -never use hot water when showering.
    -use rice water as a hair rinse.
    -don’t stretch your washes for so long if your hair is not clean wash it.
    -embrace your texture.it will not change naturally so if you try to change it you will lose everything first you will get temporary results and second you will lose your healthy texture.
    -microtrimming is the best.
    -most importantly see what works for your hair. Just because everybody uses oils doesn’t mean you have to use them if your hair doesn’t like oils you shouldn’t use them no matter what others say about them/

my hair pictures;
    My chopped hair

photo upload link

picture upload sites

post a pic

my hair straightened by me in august

photo url

the last time it was straightened

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: One year of hair growth

I'm sorry to hear you've had such unfortunate experiences with straightening. But hopefully now whenever you consider straightening your hair, you'll think back to that and decide against it. Then, it'll all have been worth it in the end.

Gorgeous hair!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have to say, even when straightened, your hair looks great. I don't see why after straightening it you have to immediately chop a chunk off (even if it is "just" 5 cm, or about 2 inches). I think it looks great!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Your hair looks great! Good luck on your hair journey

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Your hair looks great, both straightened and unstraightened! Maybe try to not straighten - or chop for longer. When you want to see your hair straightened, you can look at the photo you already have, and that will save you from straightening it again
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR