Thread: Against hair analysis!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Against hair analysis!

Now this again:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HpNMA_dLpI

She goes against the grain in the curly world on plenty of issues. It's no wonder she gets that much backlash.

What do you think?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Default Re: Against hair analysis!

She doesn’t actually say anything of substance. She wants to put across the message that hair analysis is a scam and that people with questionable qualifications are giving results that are “not right”.

I might have some time for her if she said what sort of qualifications are questionable, examples showing why the results aren’t right, what her credentials are to enable her to comment, but she doesn’t substantiate anything at all.

(I hate saying “she” all the time but I don’t know her name!)

The overall feeling is that she suddenly had a half thought out feeling about something she wanted to say, and stood in the nearest car park to broadcast her views to the world.

I have no idea whether hair analysis is good or bad. I’m just irritated by the need to broadcast incomplete thoughts.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

She came on YT quite fierce, and calls herself "the curl ninja". You'd have to watch a few of her videos to really get why she goes against the grain so much. She is for expensive salon brands (well, she's a stylist, she has something to gain from it).

But I agree! ^^ So little to go on!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have to agree with Lady Stardust! She just shares her opinion but nothing at all to back it.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I just skipped through it, but I guess it's kinda legit. Most of the hair analysis results I've seen just tell you that you're low porosity at the roots and high porosity at the ends, and whether your hair is coarse or fine. Things you can figure for yourself.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have no idea how the curly world in general feels about hair analysis and I'm not very familiar with this vlogger but my understanding is that they're pretty controversial and there's lots of frauds out there I wouldn't trust them at least when hair analysis is used in alternative medicine as a method to diagnose something.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Wait has her channel name been "Curly Hair Myths Exposed with The Curl Ninja" this whole time?? I thought it was just The Curl Ninja. That's just... cringe lol
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    Wait has her channel name been "Curly Hair Myths Exposed with The Curl Ninja" this whole time?? I thought it was just The Curl Ninja. That's just... cringe lol
    I thought it was just the curl ninja as well. I think that just might be the full title of one of her videos, that's all.

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Yeah the Curly Hair Myths.... is her full YT name.

I honestly think hair analysis is a waste of money. They charge somewhere around $100 to tell you things about hair that you could probably discover with enough research, trial and error. For the impatient, I suppose it's beneficial, but I think it's a little over the top for them to look at a strand of hair under a microscope. That's just my opinion, I've never had it done though I've read on another forum where people got results from it. They never checked in later to see if these results changed their hair care over a long period of time.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Yeah the Curly Hair Myths.... is her full YT name.

I honestly think hair analysis is a waste of money. They charge somewhere around $100 to tell you things about hair that you could probably discover with enough research, trial and error. For the impatient, I suppose it's beneficial, but I think it's a little over the top for them to look at a strand of hair under a microscope. That's just my opinion, I've never had it done though I've read on another forum where people got results from it. They never checked in later to see if these results changed their hair care over a long period of time.
    I agree, however, in the video she went ahead and called them scammers or something along those lines - it was a few hours ago that I saw the video so I don't remember exactly. I mean, there's a service that some people are obviously willing to pay for, even though it's not as advanced as some might hope for. Nothing about it is a "scam", though, IMO, even though I also think it's a waste of money.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links