Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you be able to handle hair 1.5 times your own body height?

Default Would you be able to handle hair 1.5 times your own body height?

What would you do with all that hair? would you be able to take care of all that length?

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Would you be able to handle hair 1.5 times your own body height?

I doubt that it would be practical or even possible to wash or comb that length of hair on my own.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

NGL that's over 300lbs of hair for me. It'd be impossible to ever grow that much, I'd think, let alone be able to care for it or move at all with it attached to ones scalp.

Even 100lbs of hair would be a difficult time, honestly. The film theorists on youtube did a video about Tangled, and Rapunzel's hair in that film is 70 feet long and weighs about 60lbs. And they figured out that she'd likely have fairly bad traction alopecia due to the sheer weight of her hair pulling on her scalp 24/7/365. Since her hair is magic healing hair, it's fine and likely heals her scalp up every time it's used, but we don't have magic healing hair, and we'd end up with some bad traction alopecia no doubt about it.

But as for the question, I'd 100% cut it to probably fingertip.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That is such an entertaining question. I don't think so. I'm not even gonna go there. 3 years of no-trimming is going to be challenging enough for me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    buzz/knee+/calf
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I mean..... mayyyybe? I do think it would be kind of ridiculously hard to handle that much hair, but at the same time, I don't really know. I think I could manage to braid and detangle it ok, but washing it, I imagine for me, would be too difficult. I would definitely need something other than a conventional shower stall or bath tub to do that. And while wet it would probably be painfully heavy on my scalp and neck, ouch.
    Current length: Knee+ at 56"! Next milestone is my final goal length: Upper Calf at 57-58"!
    Buzzed my head in 2010. Joined here and have been growing from Waist length at 28" since 2016

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

No way! I could barely handle classic length, although my major problem was the amount of split ends and other damage in the bottom 7 inches of hair. I never could overcome the damage problem so wear my hair shorter now. I like it.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My actual body height, sure...maybe. Anything longer though, definitely not.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    NGL that's over 300lbs of hair for me. It'd be impossible to ever grow that much, I'd think, let alone be able to care for it or move at all with it attached to ones scalp.

Even 100lbs of hair would be a difficult time, honestly. The film theorists on youtube did a video about Tangled, and Rapunzel's hair in that film is 70 feet long and weighs about 60lbs. And they figured out that she'd likely have fairly bad traction alopecia due to the sheer weight of her hair pulling on her scalp 24/7/365. Since her hair is magic healing hair, it's fine and likely heals her scalp up every time it's used, but we don't have magic healing hair, and we'd end up with some bad traction alopecia no doubt about it.

But as for the question, I'd 100% cut it to probably fingertip.
    Shhhhhhh I was sleepy when I posted in here. I misread the title Although I'll just say that saying "body height" is really awkward and lends itself to misreading as "body weight" as one generally just says "height".

Point still stands overall for me: heck no.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Because my hair is as fine and thin as it is and I do prefer to wear it up the vast majority of the time, having hair that length wouldn't be an automatic 'no' from thickness or weight... but I think the effort of caring for it would get to me. It'd be fine for a while, until I go on a hike and get some tree junk stuck in it and need to comb it out sooner than I'd anticipated, and then I'd have had enough of the super long hair.
    bsl > mbl > hip > [tlb] > clsc > fingertip > thigh > knee > ???

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

No, there's no way I'd be plaiting/braiding all of that. Stretched length would be too much and it'd be even worse unstretched because it would be 3 times my height even though it would look shorter and with my thickness just too heavy to deal with.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip