Thread: Kid's curl cream xD

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Default Kid's curl cream xD

Children products continue xD. I was delighted to find curl cream (dunno... Is that a styler? Or like, leave-in condish or what?) that's meant for kids. Lately I'm using like, baby oil as body lotion and light baby cream as face/hand/foot cream with quite nice results (ie my sensitive skin is less pissed at me than usual). Sadly, I can't really find any baby conditioners or anything like that. Did you guys notice that beautyklove actually used kids conditioner on one of her vids? Interesting. Can't find such products here, though. Ok, whatever... I just spotted this, uh, leave in? Styler?

Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Myristate, Polyquaternium-10, PG-Hydroxyethylcellulose Cocodimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Zea Mays Starch, Sepiolite Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Gluconolactone, Calcium Gluconate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine

I have to say, mostly because packaging is cute, just look at that:
    https://tylkostyl.pl/media/k2/items/...b488752_XL.jpg
    It says 'balm for small springs' or something of the like xD. I guess they mean kids are small hence small springs/curls, but I can't stop thinking of my hair when they were 3b/c (ie small curls xD).

What do you think about it? In general but also is it suitable for sensitive folks? For 3b/c people? Or is it like these 'baby' products that are actually really harsh (Johnson's Baby, looking at you).
    Last edited by Chromis; February 28th, 2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Changed hot-link to link-link. -Mod
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Kid's curl cream xD

Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
    What do you think about it? In general but also is it suitable for sensitive folks? For 3b/c people? Or is it like these 'baby' products that are actually really harsh (Johnson's Baby, looking at you).
    Is there a particular reason why you don't use regular products? I'm just curious, that's all. Because I'm sure that regular products exist for sensitive skin, and if you put it ear down, it doesn't touch your skin anyway.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Lapushka, you're basically stalking me. I just added you to ignore list and I won't read your messages anymore.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Is there a particular reason why you don't use regular products? I'm just curious, that's all. Because I'm sure that regular products exist for sensitive skin, and if you put it ear down, it doesn't touch your skin anyway.
    Maybe kids' stuff is cheaper than buying things supposedly for sensitive skin (many of which are a bit of a scam - the usual product with an extract or two added, plus a price hike for the privilege of playing skin roulette)

As for whether this product would be any good, I have no idea. Nothing in there that alarms me but I don't really know anything about stylers or other leave-ins, sorry! Although, I do know that glycerin can cause some people problems in low humidity because is draws moisture away from the hair in dry air ... I don't know whether this would be an issue for you, though.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Thanks. I don't know anything about leave ins/stylers either! Never used any. Only oil and tried regular conditioner as leave in, didn't work that well. I'm assuming as curly I'm supposed to leave something in my hair and I don't and it's causing me problems, but I'm really clueless...

I heard that about glycerin. I used straight (diluted of course) glycerin in my hair and it increased curl, like my hair really needed that moisture, so I hope that products with glycerin should clump my curls somewhat, maybe...

Thanks for writing that about sensitive skin products, lol.

The product list seems very conventional. Has more than 2 that add scent. Several preservatives. Might only be for kids because it has cute package or fruity smell.
    Lots and lots of video on YouTube for curly hair from wavy to kinky.
    And some have some excellent product suggestions, not all horribly expensive. My face skin is sensitive and I don’t like things that are to smelly but most curly hair creams ,smoothies or or leave in conditioners don’t bother my skin.

Length
    pixie/clsc/term
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It looks like a pretty standard curl cream to me. It's got a paraben and some added scent, so it could be an issue if you're sensitive to either of those.

As far as whether it works for certain textures of hair, I've found that there isn't as much sameness between textures of waves/curls in terms of product as advertising might have us believe. I've got 2c wurls, and a lot of the stuff that's "supposed" to work for waves (like strong-hold gels) doesn't at all, and some of the products and techniques that work best for me are designed for kinky 4 hair. So, my advice is to try different products based on how different/similar they are to things that have/have not worked for you in the past, and ignore what kind of waves/curls those products are supposedly made for.
    Lady Pyracantha, Firethorn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    chin ~ shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ waist ~ hip ~ TBL ~ classic ~ FTL ~ knee ~ term
    I like big buns and I cannot lie