Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have other online forum(s) you visit for hair stuff?

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Question Do you have other online forum(s) you visit for hair stuff?

I have been browsing Pinterest and stumbled across some pins of hair care. Some decent tips and some "baking soda and lemon juice!" type of stuff. Reddit has subreddits about hair but those aren't very active imo. TLHC is really the only (informative) place I come to read and discuss hair. I realized I don't even follow any hair blogs anymore... which is kind of sad.

So, is there any other forum(s) of discussion or good blogs/sites you lovely guys and girls go talk about hair care, growing, etc.? Personally I would love recommendations. Not because I'm looking to leave this place, just because of curiosity. TLHC for lyfe

Length
    40/42/45
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Default Re: Do you have other online forum(s) you visit for hair stuff?

Beyond this site, the most discussing I do about my hair is in Youtube comments, and even that is rare. I do like reading through them though! There can be a lot of useful info and advice.
    { tailbone classic fingertip knee ankle }

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Other than LHC I moderate a Swedish hair forum. It's less active than LHC and not dedicated to long hair but to hair in general, but I spend a lot of time there too. Other than that I haven't found any interesting hair forums.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/??/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Beyond this site, the most discussing I do about my hair is in Youtube comments, and even that is rare. I do like reading through them though! There can be a lot of useful info and advice.
    ^^Same here. Mostly YouTube, but every now and then I check the Science-y Hair Blog just to see if anything new and applicable to me has been posted.
    Classic stretched, bcl to tbl most days otherwise.
    Unruly mix of 3s.

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JennGalt View Post
    ^^Same here. Mostly YouTube, but every now and then I check the Science-y Hair Blog just to see if anything new and applicable to me has been posted.
    Thank you for mentioning the Science-y Hair Blog! I have a really distant memory that I have visited it in the past but forgot all about it.

Now I got another flashback: is there a thread somewhere here where you can post a link to your own hair blogs, separate from TLHC? I'll try to search for it...

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    3b/C/iii

I spend a lot of time in a big Curly Girl group on Facebook. That's where I learned the best hair care methods that are specific to my hair's needs.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Other than LHC I moderate a Swedish hair forum. It's less active than LHC and not dedicated to long hair but to hair in general, but I spend a lot of time there too. Other than that I haven't found any interesting hair forums.
    Could you link it by any chance? Would love to join.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
    I have been browsing Pinterest and stumbled across some pins of hair care. Some decent tips and some "baking soda and lemon juice!" type of stuff. Reddit has subreddits about hair but those aren't very active imo. TLHC is really the only (informative) place I come to read and discuss hair. I realized I don't even follow any hair blogs anymore... which is kind of sad.

So, is there any other forum(s) of discussion or good blogs/sites you lovely guys and girls go talk about hair care, growing, etc.? Personally I would love recommendations. Not because I'm looking to leave this place, just because of curiosity. TLHC for lyfe
    I'm here, and I'm on "Raponsje", which is the Dutch/Belgian version. It's a bit more quiet on there, but still I love the people there.

And I'm on YT (not personally with vids or anything), but I watch & comment sometimes.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Could you link it by any chance? Would love to join.
    Am I allowed to do that? I mean, I don't earn any money or anything from it and I don't own it... I'll add a link and the mods can remove it if I'm not allowed to share it. https://har.ifokus.se/ It's all in Swedish.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Am I allowed to do that? I mean, I don't earn any money or anything from it and I don't own it... I'll add a link and the mods can remove it if I'm not allowed to share it. https://har.ifokus.se/ It's all in Swedish.
    I think this whole thread would be off limits if it wasn't allowed. I mean, just mentioning a forum by name would be promoting it, as someone could then find it through Google. I don't see anything forbidden about posting a non-commercial link.

Tack!