Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

Length
    MBL/KNEE/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

I thought about this because there is one style that NEVER works for me, which makes me so sad - I end up doing it wrong and I can just never get it right.

The bow. The half up half down bow.

It is beyond me. I've tried following different youtube tutorials and it still comes out wrong - so I've completely given up on it xD It just annoys me because it looks like it should be easy and I've done "harder" hairstyles first time trying.

So, are there any styles that you just cannot get right?

MBL ---> WL ---> HL ---> BCL ---> TBL ---> CL ---> MTL ---> Knee ---> Calf?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

For a long time I could not get a Nautilus to sit right in my hair, just my hair was too short. Now at FTL, I can do one with the full hand and one wrap around. Love it.

Sometimes all a style needs is more length.

I do fear that for that "bow" you actually need less length and that it is a great style on shorter heads of hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Are there any hair styles you just cannot get right matter how much you try?

There's a ton of styles I cant do no matter how many times I tried. I tried to do that dumb endless wrap around braid but it ends with me always crying. Not to mention a thousand others I cant do.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    5/5/30
    Type
    4c/F/i/ii

Cornrows. I struggle so much with it. Althought the way I cornrows it looks like suck a loose fairytale look. Neat tight cornrows i will never be able to do.

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

French braids.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    0 in!/37 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

For the life of me I can't do any sort of braiding on myself besides the standard 3 strand braid. Ah....gotta practice more

Length
    40/42/45
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Woven styles are basically impossible for me alone. I'm also bad at any hairstyles that use an irregular part, like a circular part or squiggly part. I can part my hair just fine but without being able to see my head at all times it's hard for me to still follow the part for whatever style I'm doing and it turns out looking messy or just doesn't work at all.
    { tailbone classic fingertip knee ankle }

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Double french/dutch braids (awkward/painful angle), crown braid (can never get it tight enough). Disc bun is always waaayyy too tight. Like unable to insert the stick, tight. People have been suggesting that bun to me since I was APL and I still can't accomplish it at near-hip!
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Class/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Any sort of ponytail higher than the nape. It always pulls within a few minutes! I don't know how so many people can tolerate it.

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

A low bun. A neat one. I just can't.

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.