Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2021!

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: No-trimming 2021!

I might join in here, I was originally not trimming for just the first half of 2021 but i’d like to go all the way

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I’m joining here too, but I’ll also stay in the half ones for more short term motivation.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

That is what I'm doing, I've also split them into 3 month blocks on this timer app I have

Length
    27/38/42
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I know S&D is allowed during the no trim challenge, but I have found my missions to be a little too aggressive and my ends are looking a little sad. I think I'm going to try and refrain from using scissors at all during this challenge. Anyone else have the same problem as me? Or do you guys have any tips for less aggressive S&D?
    I've discovered that my split ends don't bother me as long as I can't see them, so lots of buns and updos in my future.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline C. View Post
    I know S&D is allowed during the no trim challenge, but I have found my missions to be a little too aggressive and my ends are looking a little sad. I think I'm going to try and refrain from using scissors at all during this challenge. Anyone else have the same problem as me? Or do you guys have any tips for less aggressive S&D?
    I've discovered that my split ends don't bother me as long as I can't see them, so lots of buns and updos in my future.
    Definitely don't do it more than once or twice a month, if you don't want to severely mess up your hemline, that is if you have enough "damage" to really need to cut out of there.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    13/45/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Madeline C. View Post
    I've taken to only snipping a split if I happen to have scissors nearby when I see it, or if it's a REALLY bad split.

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I decided at the beginning of this challenge to forego both trims and S&D for the year as an experiment. S&D can be satisfying, but I suspect my splits won't travel up that much if I leave them alone, and they don't seem to cause tangles. If there's damage at the ends, they'll eventually break off without my intervention, and I'm happy for the to populate my hemline until then.
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I can't officially check in because I wasn't able to get an appointment at the salon until mis-January, but I'm not doing anything else to it for the rest of the year and I definitely check in for the second half thread when the time comes.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I am out of this challenge! I microtrimmed 1/4 inch which I desperately needed for my sanity. I also cut like an inch max from the front 2 pieces. I'm very happy with it and barely lost any length. It's crazy that such a small trim prevented tangles and decreased how long it takes to comb out my hair. I plan to microtrim every few months until I reach my goal. Good luck everyone!
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I broke the challenge. I trimmed on the 8th about a inch. But!! I’m not trimming anymore now, even though my trim was to even up the edges it still managed to grow uneven.
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.