Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Share Your Nightmare~Salon~Trip Stories Here!!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Share Your Nightmare~Salon~Trip Stories Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chayahskye View Post
    I'm naturally a dishwater blonde and was going to a salon to have a little blonde color put in to brighten the shade. I went to a very large and reputable salon so it never occurred to me that something would go wrong. She put the bleach on and then left..........and didn't come back.......after 40 minutes, I started asking around about where she went and when she would rinse me. And kept asking. An hour after she put the bleach in she came back, rinsed me, and my hair was platinum. The next day it started falling out. I had to buzz my hair with #3 clippers. That was in 2005. I've never been back to a salon again. I learned to cut my own hair, color with henna/indigo, and haven't used heat or chemicals on my hair since.
    Yeah, that is severely neglectful... to say the least! My goodness!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chayahskye View Post
    I'm naturally a dishwater blonde and was going to a salon to have a little blonde color put in to brighten the shade. I went to a very large and reputable salon so it never occurred to me that something would go wrong. She put the bleach on and then left..........and didn't come back.......after 40 minutes, I started asking around about where she went and when she would rinse me. And kept asking. An hour after she put the bleach in she came back, rinsed me, and my hair was platinum. The next day it started falling out. I had to buzz my hair with #3 clippers. That was in 2005. I've never been back to a salon again. I learned to cut my own hair, color with henna/indigo, and haven't used heat or chemicals on my hair since.

OMGOSH!

I’m with GoatLady on this one…although they might have been the ones suing me….for assault… and arson.

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post

I’m with GoatLady on this one…although they might have been the ones suing me….for assault… and arson.
    Ha ha! I admit my first thought was a bit more violent. But I don't want to go to prison.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

I am still upset by this! I had a chin length pixie over 3 years ago and have been steadily growing it out. I get trims every 6 months or so. I went into a new hair dressers and since my hair was mid back, I asked for a layered cut because I have very thick curly hair. I loved the cut! I also got it balayaged at this appointment which was so so. Because of the bleach I started to get split ends more, which I knew and accepted when I got the colour.

After about 3 months, I went back in for a trim. the dude gave me the WORST CUT. it was a different person and he was a senior stylist so I thought he would be great. but no.... he's done a v shape hem when I never had that to begin with, layered the hell out of it and took heaps off. the bit I hate the most is the centre of my cut where its one long piece of the v shape. the last maybe 2 inches of my hair are SO THIN because of the intense layering. even when it was straightened it looked thin and when it's curly it's absolutely ridiculous. Just this spindly rats tail at the back. I spent so long growing this out and I'm really sad this happened, I've been thinking ill need correct it over the next 3 or so trims where they take a bit off the ends each time to thicken it up. I'm having surgery in a few days so my hair will fall out over the next couple of months and the ends will look even worse.

Any tips on supplements I can take to strengthen hair while I go through a big post op shed?