Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 months, not that much of a difference?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Unhappy 6 months, not that much of a difference?

Hi everyone,
    So I was just looking back at some old hair photos from January this year, compared with one taken a few days ago, and I did a side by side comparison and it doesn't seem like there's been much growth for 6 months (I haven't trimmed at all during this time)

I don't use any non-direct dyes, I don't use heat, I wash 2-3 times per week with no sulphates or silicones and the occasional oiling. I've been trying to stop treating my hair like straight hair since I learned it was 2a in the hopes of making it healthier and longer but it doesn't seem to have worked very well.

Any suggestions or tips welcome, I know average growth is 1/2 inch per month but it's really disheartening after seeing some amazing growth in threads here to feel like I'm not really getting anywhere fast.

Thanks in advance.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: 6 months, not that much of a difference?

I'm sorry but 6 months is about 6cm or 3 inches worth of growth and it seems to me you got for sure 2 inches. 1/2 is "average" growth, meaning that for some it grows faster, or even slower. But it seems right about on track to me.

ETA: hair growing is a patience test for sure!

I would not trim, trimming makes it even worse, so I just would continue to grow, and you are almost waist anyhow, so almost something to celebrate! I'd be positive about that, at least!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Ohh, I think you have made excellent progress. If you look at how far it has travelled from the crux of your armpit it is more obvious than looking at where your hands are placed. Not only that, it looks much fuller and thicker. Gorgeous hair, well done!

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I see progress. I agree with Lapushka.
    My hair grows slow personally 1/4 monthly. I take pictures 1 yearly.

Just remember, it may not grow as fast as you want but it is growing and getting longer. Be patient. Your ends look good.

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

your ends look great! I think you have alot of growth. I take protein shakes daily and i think that helps growth for me. I live in a very hot climate too, Florida, that may have an effect as well. I always thought my hair grew faster in the summer. You have beautiful hair. My ends suck, but i dont care, im going for TBL loll.
    Current method: WCC ROO C LOC. trimming to TBL
    no SLS (but yes to SLES) Herbal rinses: catnip, fenugreek and just started using chagrin ACV rinse when needed scalp only to scalp happy (scalp prolly needs sls)

Length
    13 in/28/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Your hair looks more wavy to me in the second pic, I bet that if you stretched it you'd see more length. But either way your hair looks healthy and beautiful 😊

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

That's good growth for 6 months, don't be too hard on yourself. You're nearly at waist length now!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Your waves are looking beautiful! The waves will eat up a bit of length, even if it’s only half an inch or an inch, you’ll have grown more than you think.

Your hair looks so well nourished and lovely. I’d be very happy indeed if those were my progress shots! Keep doing what you’re doing because it’s working

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Wow I definitely see growth there!! our mind likes to play tricks on us and the growth we get never seems to be enough but I assure you it’s obviously growing at a normal rate

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Thanks everyone for your comments, I feel much better now, I think I was just having one of those days so everything looked worse than it really was :')