Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your LHC hair twin?

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Who is your hair twin in the LHC?

Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Thank you so much for saying this. It’s become apparent that the same people continually seem to be “ganging up” on someone that is quite confused and has a difficult time communicating. It’s waste of energy to be so worked up and offended by one person’s apparently out of touch opinions.
    It's no secret. I've corresponded with Dark40 on inconsistencies in her posts on this thread and others. You've diagnosed it succinctly. It is a waste of time. I will refrain.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; March 24th, 2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Mod gray, do not quote

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Back OT, guys?

I don't know who my twin is. I do know that I "aspire" to the same length as Ligeia has, but I think her texture is a little more tight than mine is. Mine can be very fuzzy and not as defined. I would not dare call us "twins". Actually, first I'd need more length for that. LOL!
    You're growing still
    I think we do have similar texture. Mine is not always that tight.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    Nycelle, I'm very sorry that I had to put it like this, however I genuinely think it's true. Even if it wasn't, I've seen that person get attacked in other threads for way less inflammatory comments, and it's difficult to defend yourself when a bunch of people immediately jumps on whatever you said... and there are even instances in which members have openly poked nasty fun at the poster just to see their reaction.

I mean, you can check the post history and judge for yourself.
    Yup exactly. I have seen it happening time and time again and I am not one to see and let it go. Wheter some here like it or not.

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Calling someone confused, and saying they're out of touch, or implying in any way they have issues on an open forum to get other members to leave them alone is alright? Would you want to be "defended" in that manner?

We have PM's for a reason, maybe sometimes it's best we use them if we're trying to make others understand something, instead of using inflammatory words that can easily make someone feel even worse.

Some of these posts are gaslighting at their best.
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; March 24th, 2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Mod gray, do not quote

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I have limited access to electricity for the next few days, so I am keeping this short.

Brigading is not appropriate on LHC (following people from thread to thread to harass them)

Trash talking on other people's hair types or choices is also not cool LHC behaviour.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

You're right. I should've phrased it differently, but I guess it's too late now.

I tried reporting one of the more obvious instances (a direct attack) to the mods before I posted this, idk if it worked. I'm not going to message each member individually - besides, it usually snowballs. It's been going on for weeks, over several threads and is generally pretty icky (when I told you to check the post history, that is what I had in mind - the behaviour of other people).

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I see an awful lot of people complaining about bullying/derailed threads but those same people forgot we have a PM feature.

For those just tuning in:

So one person made a comment that some took as offensive or at best ignorant. Totally could've been mistaken as language barrier.

Several members told that person why that wasn't ok to say.

That person defended their original post (no language barrier) Doesn't understand why they are upset. *Should've just said oh I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that/didn't mean to upset/just my opinion ect and we'd be over it*

Members are now joining the thread defending OP and claiming bullying/derailment all while doing that themselves. Also talking about unrelated threads and personal grudges that only further derail what was an otherwise cool topic.

My only explanation for this is that tonight is a full moon, people get wacky.

In the future let's try to use the PM feature more often. It's also okay to have opinions, you just have to understand who/why it might upset and phrase it accordingly.
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The-Young-Maid View Post
    My only explanation for this is that tonight is a full moon, people get wacky.
    I like this explanation!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

blackgothicdoll
    , that was beautifully put and I completely agree with the need to speak up. The comment that was made goes against the general KNIT guidelines of the LHC forum, so any freedom of speech justification should then apply in all directions and all cases- which is clearly not the case as KNIT is often references most times when people make rude comments. This case should be no different - rude comments directed at a specific group or hair type, regardless of one's personal projections, should still follow within the guidelines of the community.

I think the issue is further layered considering societal and historical contexts.

With regards to information availability, there will always be those who are unaware. And there are those who deny their own truth for similar societal pressures.

With this particular member I agree with LadyCelestina;

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    I think it has to be realised that all sorts of people can post on LHC - you don't know their IRL problems.
    I am trying to thread carefully here but not everyone processes things in the same way. We are all people from different parts of the world, with different exposures and life experiences and even levels of awareness and means of processing. In this case, I believe empathy and compassion of certain member(s) would be kind and might even allow for awareness, education and possibly self acceptance.

For reference - KNIT:

• Is it Kind?

• Is it Necessary?

• Is it Informative?

• Is it True?

P.S. Loved your sign off "
    I've said my piece and I'm dropping the mic.
    "
    Last edited by BerrySara; March 20th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    You're growing still
    I think we do have similar texture. Mine is not always that tight.
    That is true! I have to have patience. I just sometimes wish mine were already that long; but I guess I have time.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

Back OT, guys?
    I don't know who my twin is. I do know that I "aspire" to the same length as Ligeia has, but I think her texture is a little more tight than mine is. Mine can be very fuzzy and not as defined. I would not dare call us "twins". Actually, first I'd need more length for that. LOL!
    That is true! I have to have patience. I just sometimes wish mine were already that long; but I guess I have time.
    I would say you have come a long way already. It is quite long already. I am curious to see how your wurls will look when you get to knee.