Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me try something new :) - 1c/2a

Length
    Chin/TLB/TLB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Help me try something new :) - 1c/2a

Hello to all the lovely LHC members!

I want to try something new and need your help. I'm a 1c/2a (or maybe even a full 2a) and usually prefer to treat my hair like it's straight. I would like to try wearing it wavy for a while but don't know where to start. I absolutely need to oil my hair 3x times a week and leave the oil in overnight. Please don't change this in my routine, and please suggest a wavy hair routine I can follow. If my hair fails to wave properly, it's alright, atleast I tried!

I looked at a ton of youtube videos but none of them suit 1c/2a hair.

If not any direct suggestions, please share your 1c/2a routine that is heatless.

Cheers!
    Tons of new growth! :-)

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Help me try something new :) - 1c/2a

You could try rinse out oil method!
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/TLB/TLB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    You could try rinse out oil method!
    Does this involve lightly applying (few drops) oil to washed hair in the shower, waiting a few and then rinsing? If yes, I have tried it and it didn't work.

If this is something else, what does it involve?

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

My waves are best when I don't use any silicones. Sulfates don't seem to matter too much (but my scalp does prefer them to be around way less often), but silicones are a no go for me! I also like to plop my hair as it dries, which seems to make a difference as my hair isn't getting stretched out by being in a regular turban.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/TLB/TLB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    My waves are best when I don't use any silicones. Sulfates don't seem to matter too much (but my scalp does prefer them to be around way less often), but silicones are a no go for me! I also like to plop my hair as it dries, which seems to make a difference as my hair isn't getting stretched out by being in a regular turban.

Thank you for sharing the video, this youtuber knows quite a bit, strange she doesn't have many subscribers.

I bought a trial pack of devacurl products for wavy hair. They are silicone and sulphate free, I'll report back the findings.

Why don't you like silicones?

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SeRe View Post
    Thank you for sharing the video, this youtuber knows quite a bit, strange she doesn't have many subscribers.

I bought a trial pack of devacurl products for wavy hair. They are silicone and sulphate free, I'll report back the findings.

Why don't you like silicones?
    You're welcome!

I like them plenty! But it's one of those things where they're fine and dandy and make my hair soft and such, but they weigh my waves down just enough that all I get is frizz and flippy ends

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/TLB/TLB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    You're welcome!

I like them plenty! But it's one of those things where they're fine and dandy and make my hair soft and such, but they weigh my waves down just enough that all I get is frizz and flippy ends
    Thank you. Could you please share your hair routine? I think my hair is similar to yours, but its very long (cut it to waist recently from tailbone).

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SeRe View Post
    Thank you. Could you please share your hair routine? I think my hair is similar to yours, but its very long (cut it to waist recently from tailbone).
    I have a few I cycle through depending on how I'm feeling, and what result I'm looking for.

Routine #1:

Wash with Shea Moisture manuka honey shampoo, condition twice with Suave essentials cherry blossom conditioner, ACV rinse. On sopping wet hair, I apply a smidge more of conditioner as a leave-in, a couple drops of oil, and my curl cream (Cantu coconut). Then I plop in a microfiber towel until it's damp, and either air dry the rest of the way or diffuse on low or cool if I need my hair dry faster.
    Results in very nice waves, like my avatar. I think I do this one least often, simply because I put my hair in a bun so much now that I don't see the point in bothering .

Routine #2:

The same as #1, except I've got low energy/feeling lazy, and don't do any of the products after I wash. I go from ACV rinse to plopping, and I don't bother diffusing unless I absolutely have to.
    Results in very loose waves, but I don't care because I'd ruin them with a bun anyway.

Routine #3:

Clarify with Suave daily clarifying, deep condition with shea moisture manuka honey deep conditioner, ACV final rinse. Apply products and dry like in routine #1.
    Results in the same waves as routine #1. Only happens when I put off washing my hair too long (I don't always have the energy to wash when I can, and often end up not having the time when I have the energy), or I've got build-up.

Routine #4:

Same as #2, but the product/drying of #2. My "lazy clarifying", for when I've got low energy.
    Same results as #2, usually.

I have noticed, though, that my waves in my low energy/lazy routines are stronger than they used to be. I think my pattern is starting to really solidify more, which is nice! I wonder if I'll ever push into fully 2a

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My routine is in my signature. It works for me. I would leave the shampooing routine up to you, but the LOC/LCO method is key I think in any wavy routine.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Basic Plaits whilst damp? would prob add a wave and if theres allready an inclination for your hair to be wavy they are more likely to stay than fall out. And if your not against products in your hair a bit of hair spray or salty beach wave stuff (can be drying tho) or even a teeny tiny bit of gel or wax run through your damp hair before plaiting?

If your hair has a natural wave just air drying after a wash, with no brushing or only very loose finger brushing should just let the waves appear.
    Hair tomorrow, hair yesterday, but never hair today!