Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blow drying or diffusing or NO!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Blow drying or diffusing or NO!

What do you do, and what is your routine like when it comes to drying your hair?

I do a bit of 3 things. I toweldry. I airdry. I diffuse. I do this weekly, on wash day.

I try to minimize my diffusing time by as much as possible, so I toweldry for 30 min. and I let my hair airdry for 2 to 4H. By then I only need to use the diffuser for about 5 min., which is ideal for me. I use the diffuser on warm/cool.

I like for my hair to be relatively dry within a reasonable time (so within half a day to a day). I also need to be careful not to leave it wet for too long (SD, aka seborrheic dermatitis).

The general motto when blowdrying is: as long as you can hold your hand (or a more sensitive part of you) in the airstream for a long time (some blowdryers heat up with use) without it burning, then the temperature is OK for your hair, and *safe*, perfectly safe.

So... what do you do on wash day?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Blow drying or diffusing or NO!

I have just started using my blowdryer with diffuser and even if the hair gets a bit fly-away with the drying I like the fact that it isn't wet for two days.
    The low setting feels safe. It's an old blowdryer but still working fine.
    There are still some strands that are wet when I'm done, but at least my scalp isn't wet.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReptilianFeline View Post
    I have just started using my blowdryer with diffuser and even if the hair gets a bit fly-away with the drying I like the fact that it isn't wet for two days.
    The low setting feels safe. It's an old blowdryer but still working fine.
    There are still some strands that are wet when I'm done, but at least my scalp isn't wet.
    I have that as well. My ends (because well, it's TBL) will still be slightly damp, but at least my roots are dry!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

That’s a great theme for a thread!
    On wash day (once a week) I toweldry for ~1 hour. I change the first microfiber turban that gets drenched within minutes, and put a second dry one. Because my ends are tapered I fold them and they fit in the turban.
    Then when the hair is somewhat drier I headbang and let it air dry for 1 hour. I pat dry with a microfiber towel the spots that are still wet. Finger detangle when hair is drier.
    Then I use a low heat hair dryer, held from arm’s length, to primarily dry the scalp. My hairline and hair on the nape is already dry, but the hair on the crown takes long time to dry and is still damp so I lift the hair roots and make sure I don’t leave wet spots on the scalp (my scalp gets angry if left wet). I finish with cold air mode.
    I do scalp washes every other day, so I repeat the above, it just takes less time.

Currently at TBL , onward to Classic!

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

The only thing our blowdryer ever gets used for is occasionally defrosting the freezer. It came with the house. It lives in the pantry, not the washroom. Aside from damage, the tangling would be unbearable on my hairtype.

I put my hair up in a microfibre turbie towel for a bit and then let it down once it isn't dripping. If I need to go out while it is still wet I gently smooth the top and put it up with a glass stick, then I let it back down again to finish later. I do like to sit a bit closer to the heating vents in the winter, but not right on top of them.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I towel dry, then I leave my microfiber towel on for around 15 minutes. Then I either air dry it for six hours, while separating the strand every once in a while, or sit in front of the fan for a while and air dry the rest. I own a hair dryer and use it to dry clothes or other stuff maybe once a year. It's never getting close to my hair!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't own a hairdryer. I always air dry.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I wash twice weekly, towel dry and let the rest air dry both times. Since doing the not cut challenges, haven't touched the blow dryer in almost a year to avoid temptations.

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.

I scrunch with a t-shirt which helps curls form plus gets a lot of the water out. Then air dry and it only takes 1.5 - 2 hours. I never knew hair could take hours and hours to air dry until reading around here. Now i wonder why mine is so fast. Whether it's chin length or now past bsl, it's been the same amount of time.

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

My hair goes up into a towel, or tshirts, stays that way for a half hour to so and then it goes into a loose bun or into a braid. Since I wash at night, it has to go up. And I am not getting up early enough to wash in the morning.
    I am Galvatron … you have no right to change what I am!