Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2019! First half only!

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: No-trimming 2019! First half only!

Thanks Agava, yeah I recently checked the sharpness and also the tightness of my scissors, really I’m not so surprised that it’s like this as it really had a hard time before lhc. I’m outdoors a lot and was rough with handling it, as well as lots of hot hot showers and mega stress, meds and poor diet (to name a few things........). I think it’s just brittle and am starting to learn how to moisturise the ends so that might give them a chance.

Hope you figure out how to have the ends you want and not compromise your growing. I’m kind of the opposite as I’m really happy to embrace the featheriness as long as it’s not causing more damage by being there.

CopperButterfly it looks like we’re still on to reach waist at around the same time

Length
    APL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post

CopperButterfly it looks like we’re still on to reach waist at around the same time
    Woohoo! So exciting!

APL ~
    BSL~ Waist~ Hip ~BCL~ TBL
    Hennahead~Type 1c/M/ii/iii

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CopperButterfly View Post
    I'll be hitting a year with no trims come the end of this challenge also. I'm also looking forward to my trim. I'll get an appointment set up for July 1st too. Then onto the next. I'm getting really close to waist, only 2 inches to go.
    I'm also close to a year with no trims. Waist is so soon for you, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    I'm in small dilemma about trimming my hair just 0.5cm in July ( or even earlier). I really miss and want neat hemline, but I'm also aware that 0.5cm may not be enough to get nice result. For giving up of more then 0.5cm I'm not ready, it feels too much in this phase. I have few hair toys, but only one stays firm. I have no idea HOW to manage my hair, exept that I started to wash it every day, which is not a good thing I guess.
    How about microtrimming 0.5cm in July, and planning in another microtrim a few months down the line? If your growth rate is average or above, 0.5cm every few months shouldn't slow you down, but it'll neaten up the hem incrementally.

Re. washing, some people wash daily, there's no universal should or shouln't It's all about what your hair needs. If you feel it's too much, maybe try every other day, and see how that feels?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Awesome you guys for doing so great. I will be in half 2 because I trimmed March (FTL+ back to classic). I still love my length now and I am happy I did trim.

But you guys hang in there!

OMG this is such a weird post. Haha!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I must say it's getting more difficult not to trim because my ends start to tangle more. That's usually the sign I need a trim. So from now on I will double condition after shampoo to prevent tangling while air drying.

Quote Originally Posted by _fred_ View Post

How about microtrimming 0.5cm in July, and planning in another microtrim a few months down the line? If your growth rate is average or above, 0.5cm every few months shouldn't slow you down, but it'll neaten up the hem incrementally.

Re. washing, some people wash daily, there's no universal should or shouln't It's all about what your hair needs. If you feel it's too much, maybe try every other day, and see how that feels?
    About trimming, I have no idea what to do. It's still one day that my hair flips the way I like, and then another I have something I have no idea how to comb, style..
    I'll wait and estimate at the end of June. Hopefully I could do more easy-to-make buns soon.
    About washing, I usually wash my hair every other day, but lately I started to use a lot of products for frizzy hair and also some products based on oils. At the end of the day I have a feeling that my hair is dirty and somehow heavy, so I just wash it. I guess it's time for me for one-month-updo challenge or something similar, and forget about my hair for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Awesome you guys for doing so great. I will be in half 2 because I trimmed March (FTL+ back to classic). I still love my length now and I am happy I did trim.

But you guys hang in there!

OMG this is such a weird post. Haha!
    It isn't weird, it's super supportive for anyone who wants to have long hair! It's a perfect example of commodity having long hair and casually trimming it few inches away, and still remaining in long-hair category

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Agava View Post
    It isn't weird, it's super supportive for anyone who wants to have long hair! It's a perfect example of commodity having long hair and casually trimming it few inches away, and still remaining in long-hair category
    You're sweet!

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

So my daugher hair has reached the middle of her back already! She wanted to do the No Trim 2019. I think she will make waist by Christmas. Of course shes 9 and a lot smaller 4'5. But shes proud.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hannabiss View Post
    So my daugher hair has reached the middle of her back already! She wanted to do the No Trim 2019. I think she will make waist by Christmas. Of course shes 9 and a lot smaller 4'5. But shes proud.
    That's awesome!