Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: No-trimming 2019!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: No-trimming 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by FennFire911 View Post
    The first pic is from November 9th and the second pic is from yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365.../shares/u4b3v1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186365.../shares/Gn8L38
    Is that classic length?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    When I questioned him he said he felt that the ends of my hair were 'a bit ratty' , He has cut my hair for years and I usually have it around shoulder length but he said he is happy for me to grow it longer. If he cuts off more than I ask for in a few months time then I will get my hair cut in a salon in the future or learn to self-trim. I am not very trusting of hairdressers because they always seem to do what they want and not what I ask for, but now it seems my husband might be the same. he knows I am upset with him. He said "do you like the haircut I gave you?" and I said "No because I only wanted a trim!" He will get one more chance and if He cuts off more than I ask for I won't let him near my hair again.
    Yep. Ratty, those would be fairytale ends, but I get it, I do, not everyone likes them.

Right now, 3 inches is gone? With another few trims I think you'll have an entire years' worth of growth out the window. Up to this point it is about half that, but if you go on... Of course it is totally up to you and what you want to do!!!

Self-trimming is easy with Feye's self-trimming method but it's easy to think it's not even. Just don't go back in and correct things because that is where a lot of people go wrong. Trust the cut when you cut it. Because the instructions are spot-on! And hair can lay in funny ways just because... it's hair. It does that.

It's great that you're giving him another go.

Length
    28MBL/39TB+/Term
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Is that classic length?
    I wish it was still classic, but that's just a very flattering camera angle. I'm back up to just BCL now. I can't wait to get back to classic. It wasn't much to look at but it felt really good knowing I could get there.
    Lady Arimed, Battle-Healer of the Well of Sláine in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FennFire911 View Post
    I wish it was still classic, but that's just a very flattering camera angle. I'm back up to just BCL now. I can't wait to get back to classic. It wasn't much to look at but it felt really good knowing I could get there.
    Aaaah, almost!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    When I questioned him he said he felt that the ends of my hair were 'a bit ratty' , He has cut my hair for years and I usually have it around shoulder length but he said he is happy for me to grow it longer. If he cuts off more than I ask for in a few months time then I will get my hair cut in a salon in the future or learn to self-trim. I am not very trusting of hairdressers because they always seem to do what they want and not what I ask for, but now it seems my husband might be the same. he knows I am upset with him. He said "do you like the haircut I gave you?" and I said "No because I only wanted a trim!" He will get one more chance and if He cuts off more than I ask for I won't let him near my hair again.
    It could be because he is not used to seeing your hair longer than shoulder length that he thought it looked ratty. I am sorry. I have let my husband cut my hair before but this time I was totally paranoid and even though he loves long hair maybe more than I do, I still decided to do it myself because I didn't want to lose too much. I always use Feyes trim and it works reasonably well. At least now you know you have good healthy ends to start growing from!

Yep. Ratty, those would be fairytale ends, but I get it, I do, not everyone likes them.

Right now, 3 inches is gone? With another few trims I think you'll have an entire years' worth of growth out the window. Up to this point it is about half that, but if you go on... Of course it is totally up to you and what you want to do!!!

Self-trimming is easy with Feye's self-trimming method but it's easy to think it's not even. Just don't go back in and correct things because that is where a lot of people go wrong. Trust the cut when you cut it. Because the instructions are spot-on! And hair can lay in funny ways just because... it's hair. It does that.

It's great that you're giving him another go.
    So true about Feyes trim Lapushka! I always think its uneven in the pictures I take afterwards but in a week or so everything looks even. I have learned to leave it alone. Also my hair grows unevenly as well so I really try not to worry about it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    So true about Feyes trim Lapushka! I always think its uneven in the pictures I take afterwards but in a week or so everything looks even. I have learned to leave it alone. Also my hair grows unevenly as well so I really try not to worry about it.
    FWIW, it looks *super* even in your signature! Good job!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

FWIW, it looks *super* even in your signature! Good job!
    Aww thank you so much lapushka! I can't wait to see what it looks like by the end of 2020!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Aww thank you so much lapushka! I can't wait to see what it looks like by the end of 2020!
    Probably a lot longer, for sure quite a bit below BSL and probably even MBL.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm currently at just below TBL if I pull my waves straight. I wonder how long I'll get to by the end of the year with no trimming? (aiming for classic at the moment, but will probably push for mid-thigh or knee eventually!)

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

oh woops wrong year!