Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2019!

Default Re: No-trimming 2019!

Thanks for the welcomes, sailormars & lapushka!

I was just going through some old photos and realised that for the past ten years I’ve been going between chin and APL. This is kind of an awkward length for me, so I think every time I’ve reached this I’ve gotten bored and cut it... Now I’m just hoping I can fight through this stage with your support!

ComaBerenices, welcome and happy growing! You'll see on this forum a lot of growings and progress, so there's no way you could stay uninspired to continue with your own progress.
    I also have similar experience ( in last 8 years), having my hair mostly around chin and SL, with one pixie cut in 2012 and once (almost) APL in 2016.
    Last edited by Agava; May 20th, 2019 at 12:23 PM.

Length
    CB/APL/HL

I just joined the no trimming 2019 (first half) and while inspecting my hair I realized I don't really need a trim, so I think I'll take the plunge and not trim the rest of the year, even though it's tempting sometimes!

Length
    26/30/38
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hi all! I want in on this as well . Haven't trimmed all year, and don't plan to (bad experience with the hairdresser a while ago ... again, lol).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ComaBerenices View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes, sailormars & lapushka!

I was just going through some old photos and realised that for the past ten years I’ve been going between chin and APL. This is kind of an awkward length for me, so I think every time I’ve reached this I’ve gotten bored and cut it... Now I’m just hoping I can fight through this stage with your support!
    We call those awkward stages. Once you fight through (it's challenging, not gonna lie, you for sure know that), you'll be SO happy that you didn't cut it again. I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPlantLady View Post
    I just joined the no trimming 2019 (first half) and while inspecting my hair I realized I don't really need a trim, so I think I'll take the plunge and not trim the rest of the year, even though it's tempting sometimes!
    It can be tempting. I myself needed a trim badly this March (from FTL+ back to classic), but that is because anything longer than FTL is just way too unmanageable for me. So now I am yearly trimming, January, and I am on the second half for the rest of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela the Mer View Post
    Hi all! I want in on this as well . Haven't trimmed all year, and don't plan to (bad experience with the hairdresser a while ago ... again, lol).
    Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    neck/apl/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My last cut was in October of 2018. I had planned to get a few or more inches cut, but suddenly decided not to and instead grow it a bit. I’m at or near APL, might go to bra strap length. It all depends on if I can stand the thinness and breakage (trichorrhexis nodosa).

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

We're almost halfway through the year and I have the urge to trim. I'm trying not to give in to the urge, but it's hard!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/14/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

So far this hasn't been too hard for me but I think its helps that I'm growing out my bangs as well.
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    We're almost halfway through the year and I have the urge to trim. I'm trying not to give in to the urge, but it's hard!
    Hang in there. And if your ends need a trim. You can always just join the second half. I did! I trimmed in March and broke my own challenge. I thought I was up to longer than FTL but obviously not.

I have just joined the 2nd half, but you do you. If you think you can hang in there, by all means! DO IT!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I really want to reach waist length this year and I feel like trimming will be working against that. My ends are actually okay, just a little dry feeling if I'm honest. I guess it's time to wear my hair up more!

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights