Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this common?

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Is this common?

Each time I run my hand through my hair I lose 3-4 strands, even if I do it very gently. In the morning when I brush it I lose more but not excessively. I don't know if it's normal/common but my sister for example says that when she brushes her hair usually she doesn't lose any hairs.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Default Re: Is this common?

Each person sheds on average 50-100 hairs each day. Some shed more and others shed less. Since it's not excessive it's just normal shedding and nothing you should worry about.
    On my way to BSL...

Length
    MBL/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/ii

How many times are you running your hands through your hair? Hair shed as likelikepenny mentioned is normal but over manipulating your hair causing hair shed can be lessened with not touching your hair. Stop touching.
    Last edited by *Wednesday*; July 12th, 2017 at 04:40 AM.

Save your hair vitamin money and put into a retirement fund. That's growth.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

For me that only happens when I am excessively shedding, but each person has their own normal and you know best what's yours. If your hair has always shed like that and it's not thinning, I wouldn't worry about it.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    SL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by *Wednesday* View Post
    How many times are you running your hands through your hair? Hair shed as likelikepenny mentioned is normal but over manipulating your hair causing hair shed can be lessened with not touching your hair. Stop touching.
    I do it a lot, I find it relaxing but you're right, I should break this habit, I never thought it could damage my hair.

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Some loose hairs coming away is normal throughout the day but by running fingers through your hair it comes out in one go making you notice it all the more...but i would not run fingers through too much as not only does it pull hairs out but snag on delicate roots too..

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'll get that way in a high shedding time, like after I've been super stressed for a while. Less so in the autumn, when my shedding rate goes up a little. Otherwise, I mostly see hairs come out in the shower and combing after.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Perfectly normal. Do stop overmanipulating the hair. Updos are a good answer for this.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

If you're pulling your hair out by the roots, you'll feel it; it will hurt. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Length
    14/35.5/40
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I usually lose a hair or two when I run my fingers through and I also have a hard time keeping my hands out of my hair! I don't worry too much about it as it is generally a loose hair. I can tell when i pull one that was firmly attached. I also haven't noticed a decrease in thickness.

I have a friend that pulls out handfuls every time she brushes or finger combs. She has a lot of chemical damage, but it doesn't seem to bother her much. She has really thick hair so I don't think she misses it at all.
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak: courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill