Thread: Newbie to the LHC - Went from BSL to Pixie in Jan and am growing it back :(

Length
    1/3/25
    Type
    1c/M/C/i

Default Newbie to the LHC - Went from BSL to Pixie in Jan and am growing it back :(

Hi all,

Back in January I decided to cut my BSL hair off and embrace my inner pixie (max 1 inch long) - which sadly got very out of control, within 3 weeks, as my hair grows so quickly. I then started seeing gals/chaps with braids and developed the well know condition - hair envy

I have been growing out my hair since March and recently got it trimmed into a short bob-ish cut which will hopefully grow out gracefully but am looking at growing my hair to shoulder length which will take a wee while but hopefully some of you guys/gals will have some advice styling/maintance-wise

Thanks for reading,

Touka x

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Newbie to the LHC - Went from BSL to Pixie in Jan and am growing it back :(

Take your time to read the forum, as there is a lot of info already there.

Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    1/3/25
    Type
    1c/M/C/i

Default Re: Newbie to the LHC - Went from BSL to Pixie in Jan and am growing it back :(

Thanks Lapushka

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Hi welcome!

Welcome ~ happy growing

Length
    APL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Touka View Post
    I then started seeing gals/chaps with braids and developed the well know condition - hair envy
    haha I suffer that condition in its chronic form! You've come to the right place Welcome and happy growing!
    ​- APL BST WL -
    Even the smallest person can change the course of the future

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hi and welcome! Happy growing
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Oh man I'm full of hair envy all of the time! That's partly why I decided to grow my pixie out. At first I just let it be a long pixie, and then a full undercut with my hair to my cheekbones or so, and then I was like "or I could have one of those really cool mohawks with long hair!" So I did that. And that's when I realized no, I wanted my hair looooong long. Like my roommate's beautiful BSL-WL hair (I think it's at her waist now?). So my initial hair envy was of her!

As for styles, in the awkward phase of about jaw to collarbone (which I'm now back on my way to, after my last cut to even out the shaved sides), I tend to do half-ups more than anything. My go-tos are a top knot, panda ears (two little buns placed like panda ears!), and just plain ponies. I follow this one youtuber, Milabu, and her hair is about shoulder length and she does a lot of hairstyles for shorter hair! A life saver, even if I never actually put my hair up that way haha. And this video by Dodie Clark is very cute and actually shows two of my go-tos haha. I don't use a curling iron to curl my hair, though, I do rag curls so I have to do them overnight XD

Anyway! I hope that helps you some! Welcome!!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/3/25
    Type
    1c/M/C/i

Thanks Corvana for the good advice, I am just going to be nice to my hair and not mess with it too much