Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Garnier Fructis products!

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Garnier Fructis products!

I've been working my way through their various leave-ins. A few months ago there was a buy one, get one free sale, so I stocked up on everything I've been wanting to try. I realized I haven't been systematically working my way through it, just randomly trying one for a day here or there. I figured I probably need to be more intentional about it so I can gauge the results.

So the last few days I've been trying out their Damage Eraser Liquid Strength Treatment with Protein. It leaves my hair super shiny and moderately slippy. It was rainy today, and I can say it did nothing to prevent frizz But so far I'm pleased. It seems to be a good value for the price.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

The sleek and shine leave-in I've been using for awhile. I've started using it more like a detangler on dry hair, Since figuring that out I've grown to like it a lot more, It keeps my ends from tangling up and makes it look really shiny and soft.
    Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    pixie/chin/shldr
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I've been using Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus and its JBCO products for a while, but am taking a break by going with the Garnier Sleek & Smooth line for a bit to help grow out my chin-length wavy hair. Trying to grow out wavy hair at this length is a real test of my sanity, so my strategy is to use the Garnier products to relax the waves. I'm hoping another 2-3" will do the trick.

I'm using the Sleek & Smooth shampoo and conditioner as well as the Sleek & Shiney anti-frizz serum and the anti-humidity smoothing milk. The last two products create an LOC of sorts. I'm very pleased with how it's working so far. I air dry about 50% and then partially blow dry (concentrating on the front).

I find with the coating of the shampoo and conditioner, I need to do a couple extra minutes of rinsing with both to get it all out.

So far this working very well. I'm hoping to maintain this regimen for the winter and then return to Shea Moisture to let the waves do their thing.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I use sulfate shampoos, and condition twice - I have never been able to relax my wavy texture just by going with a sulfate shampoo. To put it another way, I have never had more wave definition with sulfate-free products. YMMV, of course.

I'm glad it works for you!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/chin/shldr
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I’m guessing the wave relaxing is less about the shampoo and more about the conditioner, serum and humidity milk. Of course the summer humidity season is over so that’s likely a factor too.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rockin' Gramma View Post
    I’m guessing the wave relaxing is less about the shampoo and more about the conditioner, serum and humidity milk. Of course the summer humidity season is over so that’s likely a factor too.
    That could well be it; but if you're more comfortable with another shampoo depending on the season: go for it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Resurrecting this old thread to say I love the Full & Plush shampoo and conditioner. I’ve never been a big Garnier fan, but I thought I’d give these a try since they smell like berry, and I was in the mood for something different. They work well on my fine hair, making it flowy and clean:

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

The Aloe Air-Drying Cream seems to have been discontinued. It's not like it was a holy grail for me or anything; I liked it but my hair does fine without a cream leave-in. However, the scent is HEAVENLY, and it's still a very nice, light leave-in.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links