Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Garnier Fructis products!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Garnier Fructis products!

I noticed there wasn't a one-stop shop for this brand/line. So, started this one.

I wanted to discuss the latest (and may be not so greatest) of products, the coconut water shampoo (dark green bottle). I found it at my local grocer (Belgium).

My issue is this. My hair had dried, and I felt this residue on it as if it had been sprayed at the root with dry shampoo... a little too heavily. This morning, it was all gone, but still. I felt it all over my hair yesterday.

Maybe it keeps my hair less oily, I'll get back to you on that. I don't think I will be washing with this again next weekend, not twice in a row, but we'll see.

Also, my conditioners didn't rinse out as well as normal... and that was quite noticeable too.

The shampoo has sulfates in it, but has such a *weird* formulation to it.

It is this shampoo:
    http://www.garnier.fr/~/media/garnie....png?c=1&h=488
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/23/39
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Garnier Fructis products!

While I haven't tried that specific type of Garnier Fructis yet, I did try their products for some time back when my hair was longer, and the "all over my hair" feeling you described in the main post happened to me too. The conditioners seemed more sticky/not able to rinse out all the way, as well, and I had lots of extra build up. I discontinued using that shampoo on my hair pretty quickly.

I'm not sure if this happens with all of their products (I used GF around seven years ago) and have not used it since, but maybe it's something with GF in particular? Just thinking out loud.
    Lady Elenya of Galadhrim in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    *Pixie*Chin*APL*BSL*Waist (definite goal)*Hip—>Classic??*
    2b/c * F *

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No, not for me. I used GF for *years* when I was a teen. I am not talking about the siliconey feeling - this was a dry, cakey residue feeling unlike anything else I have *ever* felt from any shampoo out there. To the point where I actually contemplated washing again, but I decided to see what it would be like the next day - and thank God, because it's A-OK now.

No, at least for me, it is nothing that is GF specific.

This is *weirdness*.

I suspect it's the "coconut water" in the formula.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

I'm so happy you made this thread Lapushka! I was considering making one but I'm glad you got to it

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new gel. It comes in a pretty large tub for about $8 CAD but It contains sulfates . I tried a little in store and it wasn't too bad, a little drying though. I can't find any trace of it online which is quite odd. Has anyone seen or tried it yet?
    On my way to BSL...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the new gel. It comes in a pretty large tub for about $8 CAD but It contains sulfates . I tried a little in store and it wasn't too bad, a little drying though. I can't find any trace of it online which is quite odd. Has anyone seen or tried it yet?
    Are the ingredients online somewhere. I'll take a look. A gel with sulfates. Why?

I just have the generic gel from Aldi (there are 3 but 2 of them contain alcohol denat., and one doesn't). It's got great ingredients. It doesn't always need to come from a brand. I have some gel by Nivea as well, as those ingredients were fine too. And I had some gel by Lidl (back when they still did one - they no longer do).

Length
    APL/MBL72/85cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    No, not for me. I used GF for *years* when I was a teen. I am not talking about the siliconey feeling - this was a dry, cakey residue feeling unlike anything else I have *ever* felt from any shampoo out there. To the point where I actually contemplated washing again, but I decided to see what it would be like the next day - and thank God, because it's A-OK now.

No, at least for me, it is nothing that is GF specific.

This is *weirdness*.

I suspect it's the "coconut water" in the formula.
    I suspect glycol distearate. It's a pearlescent waxy solid that thickens shampoos, stabilizes the emulsion, and makes it look pretty and non-clear. It's mainly used to give volume to hair - the residue is probably supposed to give grip to the root hairs to help them look "voluminous."

I can't stand the feeling!! Does your hair look more voluminous at least?
    Lady Maple
    Mistress of the
    Red-Leaf Glade in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HIP

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mizukitty View Post
    I suspect glycol distearate. It's a pearlescent waxy solid that thickens shampoos, stabilizes the emulsion, and makes it look pretty and non-clear. It's mainly used to give volume to hair - the residue is probably supposed to give grip to the root hairs to help them look "voluminous."

I can't stand the feeling!! Does your hair look more voluminous at least?
    Nope. The residue was gone the next day - really *odd*. And now my hair feels a little dryer at the root than normal (but it feels like normal hair); I mean I have a feeling it will be less oily than normal by the end of the week. Nevertheless, I am going to skip this shampoo for a week just to get back to "normal".

This was just a little weird for me.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Are the ingredients online somewhere. I'll take a look. A gel with sulfates. Why?

I just have the generic gel from Aldi (there are 3 but 2 of them contain alcohol denat., and one doesn't). It's got great ingredients. It doesn't always need to come from a brand. I have some gel by Nivea as well, as those ingredients were fine too. And I had some gel by Lidl (back when they still did one - they no longer do).
    I've found no trace of it online or the website, yet I saw it in my local walmart .

What attracted me was the large size of the container as well as the thick consistency. However it had sodium laureth sulfate which turned me off :/. I'm still curious though.
    Last edited by likelikepenny; April 25th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
    On my way to BSL...

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Garnier Triple Nutrition is a staple in my shower for years. It is the one for dry damaged hair.
    Old member here, this post so happened to have brought me out of just reading because I like the product so much 😉

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    I've found no trace of it online or the website, yet I saw it in my local walmart .

What attracted me was the large size of the container as well as the thick consistency. However it had sodium laureth sulfate which turned me off :/. I'm still curious though.
    If it has SLS in it, don't get the gel. It's odd though, why it would be in there. What's it called?