Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Years at LHC - From ii/iii to iii !!!! THANK YOU!

The Bookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Residence, The Lady of the House Speaking!
    Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Default 10 Years at LHC - From ii/iii to iii !!!! THANK YOU!

Hello Folks!

I"m fit to burst and just had to share and express my gratitude to LHC!

I've been noticing that my hair is finally growing again after years...AND seemed much thicker AND I actually have a straight hemline!! Fist time in about 15 years!! I kinda thought my pony thickness seemed fuller too so decided to measure.

HOLY DINAH...I went from 3.5 inches to 4.25 inches!!!! It's about 3 inches below TB, although it looks like TB when it sproings up...so it finally LOOKS long without stretching....AND the braid ends look quite nice. My hair sticks have to be 9 inches now, and forks are at least 7...but that's in part due to a huge head.

I was pretty quiet here for a couple years due to illness and ...life...but have been back and reading threads regularly for a couple years now, and well...am pretty excited here and just want to thank ALL the wonderful people at LHC for their advice, encouragement, and generous spirits!!

I came back from a terrible henna disaster that left me with severe bald patches and having to cut 13 - 18 inches and hair coming out in clumps...took me many years to grow again...and I share this to give all those out there who have had damage or a huge chop encouragement...don't give up....one day you'll just kinda realize you love your hair and realize...oh MY...I DID IT!!

Keep dreaming...I know I am. I am aiming for Classic/FTL and ultimately hoping for knee...and although this'll still take years...for the very first time in my life, thanks to the knowledge I've learned at LHC....it is a possibility!

Thank you, LHC!!!

Slainte,
    Gaelic Girl
    Last edited by Gaelic Girl; February 9th, 2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Lady Tailtiu of the Emerald Moors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights // GaelStorm - My Photo Album

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: 10 Years at LHC - From ii/iii to iii !!!! THANK YOU!

You've come a long way! Congrats!
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    You've come a long way! Congrats!
    Thanks, lithostoic!
    Lady Tailtiu of the Emerald Moors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights // GaelStorm - My Photo Album

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Congrats! That is quite a jump in thickness, yay!

Also thanks for the encouragement

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No picture? Or, is it just me that can't see it? (don't feel pressured to post one, though)

In any case, looks like you've come a long way.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

What an amazing thickness change! I wish my hair would bulk up a bit, but then my hairtoys probably wouldn't fit any more, so... sigh.

Congrats on 10 years and good growing! Bald patches, ugh, how horrid. Glad that's over with!

Big congratulations to you
    Life is too short - Embrace each day for the gift that it is

Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyCelestina View Post
    Congrats! That is quite a jump in thickness, yay!

Also thanks for the encouragement
    Thanks, LadyCelestina! I was stunned. I still have nowhere near the thickness of a lot of curlies here...lots of poof..but this was extremely encouraging and I wanted to share with folks I knew would also rejoice and maybe give some people who were struggling some hope. My family and friends have short hair and wouldn't see any difference. LOL. Although for many years my Mum, who suffers from alopecia (4 generations before me...so when I had the henna disaster years ago, I thought it had fallen on me) commented that my hair was thinning and getting shorter and shorter over the years. I now realize it was the chlorine in the city water that was breaking it off. We had well water on the farm, rich in minerals, so moving to the city for uni destroyed my hair. I put in a Sprite shower filter a year ago and the difference in my hair, skin, and lungs is incredible!! I highly recommend it to everyone for overall health!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    No picture? Or, is it just me that can't see it? (don't feel pressured to post one, though)

In any case, looks like you've come a long way.
    Hee hee..thanks, lapushka! Your advice over the years has helped me greatly! I knew someone would call me on not having a pic to back it up! LOL I don't currently have a camera or anyone to take a pic on my phone of the length..but stay tuned. For reference.....I am wearing a 7 x 2 inch hair fork in the pic on my profile page (green fork and green sweater), and I now wear 9 inch sticks, and 7 x 3 inch hair forks.

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    What an amazing thickness change! I wish my hair would bulk up a bit, but then my hairtoys probably wouldn't fit any more, so... sigh.

Congrats on 10 years and good growing! Bald patches, ugh, how horrid. Glad that's over with!
    Thanks, embee! That's why I posted this thread...it can happen...I've not had thickness like this since it was shoulder length. Don't give up! Weekly oilings, caster oil, good nutrition, satin pillows, braiding wet hair at night, gentle products, using a TT and T-shirt to dry always..and ESPECIALLY A SPRITE SHOWER FILTER...it has all added up and ..poof! But you're right...my hair toys from when I began at LHC look teeny now. If you've noticed over the years artists on Etsy offering "mega", or "huge" custom hair toys...chances are... NOT complaining...I just wear 2 of the old ones now instead of 1 at a time.

Here's the link for a Sprite shower filter:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sprite-Sh...CM-R/202386562

Quote Originally Posted by CindyOfTheOaks View Post
    Big congratulations to you

Thanks so much, CindyOfTheOaks!!! I want to celebrate with everyone, and say that if it can happen for me with good routines and products..it can happen for anyone.
    Last edited by Gaelic Girl; February 10th, 2017 at 10:12 AM.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Congratulations on your anniversary and your increase in thickness. How did you do it? Tips, advice, please? My hair has started to thin and I'd love to know how you increased your thickness. Pretty please?
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

*hugs* congratulations!

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.