Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you wear your hair when you have a headache or are sick?

Length
    chin/waist/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default How do you wear your hair when you have a headache or are sick?

I know long hair can cause headaches for some people, and some styles can too, but this is a run of the mill headache. (cold front rolling in here, pressure changes hurt)

Is there a hairstyle you go to when you get a headache, that is easy, keeps it out of the way, you don't have to worry about it, dont have to fuss with it, and it doesn't make the headache worse? I tend to just do a cinnabon on the side of my head, and tuck the end instead of using a stick. It falls out with a lot of movement, but Im not moving much anyway, and I find the side of my head doesn't feel as heavy for some reason as if I wear it on the back.

Anyone have a go to for when just not feeling good?

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: How do you wear your hair when you have a headache or are sick?

Twin french/dutch braids work for me. Wish I could put them in right now but I already have a horrible headache :/ I'm the only one in the house who knows how to braid.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

If I am feeling really bad and need to go to bed I will put it in its sleeping cap. If I am not going to bed I just leave it in whatever daytime style it is in.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    chin/waist/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    If I am feeling really bad and need to go to bed I will put it in its sleeping cap. If I am not going to bed I just leave it in whatever daytime style it is in.
    What if it's morning and you can't go to bed, and need to go out? What's your go to then?

Length
    Chin/Knee+/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii

When I have a headache that makes my hair feel too heavy, I either French braid it (distributes the weight) or leave it down. I've also set my braid on something (like the back of my couch), or even on my shoulder, just so that it doesn't hang down, when it really felt too heavy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfire View Post
    I know long hair can cause headaches for some people, and some styles can too, but this is a run of the mill headache. (cold front rolling in here, pressure changes hurt)

Is there a hairstyle you go to when you get a headache, that is easy, keeps it out of the way, you don't have to worry about it, dont have to fuss with it, and it doesn't make the headache worse? I tend to just do a cinnabon on the side of my head, and tuck the end instead of using a stick. It falls out with a lot of movement, but Im not moving much anyway, and I find the side of my head doesn't feel as heavy for some reason as if I wear it on the back.

Anyone have a go to for when just not feeling good?
    I keep my hair the same but take medicine for my headache, so it won't linger.

I get headaches & full-on migraines. I never change my hair or adapt my style accordingly. It's in a LWB when I'm up, and that style goes. I never take it down either, don't want all that hair hanging around when and if I do get sick (throw up).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I braid if a bun pulls too much. Also now that I have a 3-prong fork, I find it's more comfortable - distributes weight better than a stick or something - when I have a headache.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

One braid, kinda loose at the top. When I wake with a headache (like early this morning), the sleep cap has to come off, because I can't take the elastic on my head. Buns come down, etc. etc. Hair gets braided and cats get snuggled. I tend to medicate them in a hurry too, because ibuprofen works and waiting it out doesn't. Thankfully, my migraines are pretty minor by migraine standards.
    Last edited by Anje; October 5th, 2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfire View Post
    What if it's morning and you can't go to bed, and need to go out? What's your go to then?
    Well, probably something pretty simple like a Nautilus. Because you don't want to be fussing with hair when you aren't well.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    2a/M/ii

Braids all the way. Preferably loose, and supported by my shoulder or tossed over the back of a chair when I'm sitting.

Buns are usually right out -- no matter what I do, they seem make the headache worse.

I've occasionally had luck with a topknot balanced right on top of my head, but that's been really hit-and-miss.
    SuperCool Sunglasses generously provided by snowbear!
    Lady Wavelengthe of Auburne Waves, Order of Long Haired Knights