Page 86 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

I'm here since I feel like trimming back to even up some layers. Though I could wait until the end of June then trim in time for the second half of no trims or I can compromise and only trim half of what I was planning, decisions decisions

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Decided not to trim my hemline yet. I'll see how I feel in July for no trims

Length
    Pixie/25/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by qnlizbeth View Post
    Yesterday I had the urge to cut back up to shoulder length. I’m sure this is because I’m graduating soon and job hunting and everything else feels out of control. Sometimes I feel like my waist length hair doesn’t look professional with my post-braid frizzies, or makes me look at lot younger. I’m also getting fed up with how much effort it takes to braid, brush, oil, etc for me to not feel good about it.
    Update: I let my mom trim about 6 inches over 2 sessions, so now I am at BSL. I hate it. I can't do a nautilus bun anymore... But my mom keeps saying how plain and washed out I look with long hair!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by qnlizbeth View Post
    Update: I let my mom trim about 6 inches over 2 sessions, so now I am at BSL. I hate it. I can't do a nautilus bun anymore... But my mom keeps saying how plain and washed out I look with long hair!
    Don't listen to that kind of response from people generally it comes from a place of envy/jealousy or it just doesn't fit THEIR opinion on what looks best, at the end of the day it is YOUR hair and YOUR opinion that matters

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Thinking about getting bangs! Been considering it for a while now, but giving it two weeks. I remember growing them out was a nightmare, so I got to consider that
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arciela View Post
    Thinking about getting bangs! Been considering it for a while now, but giving it two weeks. I remember growing them out was a nightmare, so I got to consider that
    I've been considering bangs for months haha. But I'm giving it 2 more weeks

Last trim: September 2023
    BSL

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Seriously considering getting permanent straightening done. Again. And this time NOT putting it into a ponytail prematurely and getting a permanent ponytail bump in my hair and having to cut it all off...

Main reason I want it done is that, even after completing cutting off all my hair and regrowing it, I still can't do anything with my hair except wear it up or straightened. The crown is super straight and silky, and the underlayers are thick and wild and gravity-defying. I keep trying to style my hair wavy or curly and the top won't ever ever hold any kind of wave. I had straight hair growing up and hormones must have only affected the bottom.

Not sure if this is a bad idea but I'm seriously at a loss. I think I'd be willing to sacrifice length for the sake of not having frizzy poofy hair. I think moving to the american south has really made matters worse, because the humidity is often in the 80s. To add even more insult to injury, my hairline is thinning and I've got insane body and volume at the back of my head, and the front is thinner and straight and wispy. Here's after attempting to blow dry straight: http://imgur.com/a/hrR2gL9 it just doesn't want to lay down.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    Seriously considering getting permanent straightening done. Again. And this time NOT putting it into a ponytail prematurely and getting a permanent ponytail bump in my hair and having to cut it all off...

Main reason I want it done is that, even after completing cutting off all my hair and regrowing it, I still can't do anything with my hair except wear it up or straightened. The crown is super straight and silky, and the underlayers are thick and wild and gravity-defying. I keep trying to style my hair wavy or curly and the top won't ever ever hold any kind of wave. I had straight hair growing up and hormones must have only affected the bottom.

Not sure if this is a bad idea but I'm seriously at a loss. I think I'd be willing to sacrifice length for the sake of not having frizzy poofy hair. I think moving to the american south has really made matters worse, because the humidity is often in the 80s. To add even more insult to injury, my hairline is thinning and I've got insane body and volume at the back of my head, and the front is thinner and straight and wispy. Here's after attempting to blow dry straight: http://imgur.com/a/hrR2gL9 it just doesn't want to lay down.
    It took me until my 30s to just... let it go. Surely letting your own texture grow out can't be more difficult than that "bump" in your hair? I mean... yeah it takes a lot, you basically have to re-learn the way you take care of your hair, but IMO it's worth it.

It usually takes some length to calm down. Bob length until about APL, I still blow dried straight'ish. Yep. And then I let it go. It's even in my celebration (15 years) thread, you can see, the bob/shoulder length I had, straight as straight can be. It is with length though that it really pays off and you can then let it go! But it takes a heck of a lot of patience, not gonna lie!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It took me until my 30s to just... let it go. Surely letting your own texture grow out can't be more difficult than that "bump" in your hair? I mean... yeah it takes a lot, you basically have to re-learn the way you take care of your hair, but IMO it's worth it.

It usually takes some length to calm down. Bob length until about APL, I still blow dried straight'ish. Yep. And then I let it go. It's even in my celebration (15 years) thread, you can see, the bob/shoulder length I had, straight as straight can be. It is with length though that it really pays off and you can then let it go! But it takes a heck of a lot of patience, not gonna lie!
    Yeah, no, you're totally right. It isn't worth it. Right after posting that, I went into some preexisting japanese straightening threads and read about some people's experiences with long term JS and... Yeah no thanks. If you're curious, a common theme is scalp problems and thinning. Oh and the cost! I'm not sure what got into me but I'm glad it went back out.

I think the things that are challenging right now is feeling sad about my hairline, and also the poof. I haven't had hair longer than apl/bsl since my teens, so I've been dealing with a lot of poof for a long time. I just need to find some protective styles that look good, because I'm feeling really frumpy these days with my hair clipped low on my head. Also I wish there was literally anything I could do for my hairline. It's not normal for women's hair to recede I don't think, but here we are. It's probably not as bad as I'm imagining it to be though.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Wrong thread. Sorry guys
    Last edited by paulownia; May 18th, 2021 at 02:36 AM.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights