Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brushing with clouds - TEK and WIDU users unite!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Brushing with clouds - TEK and WIDU users unite!

I notice there is surprisingly little talk about these amazing brands of brushes here at the LHC, and thought that it has to change!

I am under an impression that TEK and WIDU are a same company, only the former is for European markets, where-as the latter is for North American markets. I don't know under what name they are sold elsewhere (do tell if you know!).

These are very high quality, hand made, Italian brushes. The materials, design, finish, ergonomy, lightness are all top notch!

Do you have TEK/WIDU? What kind? How long you have had it? Do you love it? What specifically? Do you recommend it to others? Have you seen positive effects on your hair since purchasing it?

Tell us all!
    Last edited by Arctic; March 22nd, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    26"/32.5"/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Brushing with clouds - TEK and WIDU users unite!

Never heard of them, but looked them up and they sure look great! Handmade in Italy - plus points My problem is that they're rather expensive for the poor me.
    One stitch at a time ...

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I recently (very recently) was gifted a TEK brush and I couldn't be happier! It feels against my head like I would be brushing with clouds - in a same way comfortable shoes feel like you would be walking on clouds. Hence the thread title.

I have the rectangular paddle brush with normal length pins (baseball pin type).

I have only very little experience yet, but it is 100% positive. The quality is hard to miss: smooth surfaces, there is no grain of wood to be felt. It feels just right in hand, and is very nicely balanced, ergonomical, light, and a perfect size. So comfortable to use! It does not catch hairs like some brushes do. It doesn't have knobs at the ends of pins, nor do the pins catch hairs between them and the rubber base.
    Last edited by Arctic; March 22nd, 2016 at 02:50 PM.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by henné View Post
    Never heard of them, but looked them up and they sure look great! Handmade in Italy - plus points My problem is that they're rather expensive for the poor me.
    Yes they are on the expensive side, but the reviews online give impression that this brush will last a good 10-15 years. Any broken pins can be replaced too, which is nice!

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I adore my WIDU!!!!! it is my favorite brush. it doesn't grab, snap, or otherwise injure my hair. Mine is the rectangle paddle brush with regular length bristles.

My only issue with it is that I feel the need to be very careful with it when I wash it. I don't want to leave it wet for long at all. Getting my sebum wax off of the bristles can be so hard!!! Fortunately, I don't use hairspray or styling aids very often, and only really see bad brush buildup after I've used dry shampoo.

I would happily recommend it to folks who don't want to give up their brushes, but want something much friendlier.

Also, the majority of my hair hasn't been trimmed in well over a year, and the bottom was last trimmed about 10 months ago.. still no splits, despite daily brushing. So I don't believe that it is causing any harm!
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    waist/TB/long

I have the XL WIDU brush with the rectangular head and the longer wooden bristles. I absolutely love it!! I had (gave away) other wooden bristle brushes, but the WIDU is just hands down better. I have many of the other good brushes discussed on this site, but again, the WIDU wins as favorite every single day.

They have occasional sales, and I got mine at 20% off.

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I have had my WIDU long bamboo bristled brush for at least 20 (could be getting close to 25) years and I adore it. I've had to replace less than a handful of bristles over the years - this beauty has really stood the test of time. I use it after detangling, or to detangle not-very-tangled hair.

I bought a smaller WIDU for my daughter at the same time I bought my brush, and she's still using hers, too!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    26"/32.5"/...
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Yes they are on the expensive side, but the reviews online give impression that this brush will last a good 10-15 years. Any broken pins can be replaced too, which is nice!
    I bet! I'll definitely keep this brand in mind! Sounds great!
    One stitch at a time ...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have the old Body Shop wooden bristle brush - it's nice as well. I think I like this second best next to my TT.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by missrandie View Post
    I adore my WIDU!!!!! it is my favorite brush. it doesn't grab, snap, or otherwise injure my hair. Mine is the rectangle paddle brush with regular length bristles.

My only issue with it is that I feel the need to be very careful with it when I wash it. I don't want to leave it wet for long at all. Getting my sebum wax off of the bristles can be so hard!!! Fortunately, I don't use hairspray or styling aids very often, and only really see bad brush buildup after I've used dry shampoo.

I would happily recommend it to folks who don't want to give up their brushes, but want something much friendlier.

Also, the majority of my hair hasn't been trimmed in well over a year, and the bottom was last trimmed about 10 months ago.. still no splits, despite daily brushing. So I don't believe that it is causing any harm!
    We seem to have the same model! Great to hear that your hair has not seen any damage from brushing!

What kind of washing method have you found to be the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I have the XL WIDU brush with the rectangular head and the longer wooden bristles. I absolutely love it!! I had (gave away) other wooden bristle brushes, but the WIDU is just hands down better. I have many of the other good brushes discussed on this site, but again, the WIDU wins as favorite every single day.

They have occasional sales, and I got mine at 20% off.
    A-ha, another rectangular paddle brush user! How do you like the long pins? Are you in the ii or iii range?

I was torn between the normal pin length, which has slightly rounded base of the pin, and the long pins which are completely straight. I was "scared" the long pins would be over kill to my not very thick hair, so I finally decided to go with the normal length pins version.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    I have had my WIDU long bamboo bristled brush for at least 20 (could be getting close to 25) years and I adore it. I've had to replace less than a handful of bristles over the years - this beauty has really stood the test of time. I use it after detangling, or to detangle not-very-tangled hair.

I bought a smaller WIDU for my daughter at the same time I bought my brush, and she's still using hers, too!
    Wow that is something! If the cost of the brush is divided to that kind of time frame, it is actually very cheap! And you have so much hair too, I image your hair has killed a brush or two before you found WIDU!

So they used bamboo to make the pins back then? Or do you mean, like with THIS brush that the pins are wood but the shape of this particular pin is what they call "bamboo shape" - like my pins are "baseball pins".

Quote Originally Posted by henné View Post
    I bet! I'll definitely keep this brand in mind! Sounds great!
    Maybe you could hint to someone when your birthday or anniversary or jul festifities are coming up, that Psst, this brush is kind of nice. I did that, ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have the old Body Shop wooden bristle brush - it's nice as well. I think I like this second best next to my TT.
    I've heared good things about that brush too. The newer design apparently isn't that good, was it so?