Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Garnier Whole Blends

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Garnier Whole Blends

Have any of you in the US tried the new sulfate free lines already? I’m hoping that they‘ll be making their way to Europe soon.

Length
    SL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

The coconut water one is still available, I get a whole ton of it on Amazon. It’s in the uk though I’m unsure if that’s helpful.
    Wobbly are the walls ofmy mind. ~ Hip onward to tailbone and beyond~ No trimming 2021 from 8th February 2021 ~ My hair type is Asian.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Have any of you in the US tried the new sulfate free lines already? I’m hoping that they‘ll be making their way to Europe soon.
    I'm kind of hoping... not. I don't like sulfate-mild or sulfate-free; it doesn't work for my scalp. And the Whole Blends line is already "milder" than say Pantene or Herbal Essences or Head & Shoulders, as they don't have SLS, while the other ones do.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

I don’t think I‘ve ever tried a sulfate free shampoo from the drugstore, lapushka. But I fear it’s going to be a new trend to release sulfate free stuff. I just got so excited about the Hibiskus scent LOL!
    Oh and by the way, after my scalp was acting up like crazy for the entire month, I finally picked up a bottle of the Green Tea shampoo again and it fixed everything within 2 washes. I‘m amazed at how well this 1.50€ shampoo is working for me.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I don’t think I‘ve ever tried a sulfate free shampoo from the drugstore, lapushka. But I fear it’s going to be a new trend to release sulfate free stuff. I just got so excited about the Hibiskus scent LOL!
    Oh and by the way, after my scalp was acting up like crazy for the entire month, I finally picked up a bottle of the Green Tea shampoo again and it fixed everything within 2 washes. I‘m amazed at how well this 1.50€ shampoo is working for me.
    I'm so happy for you! Maybe it's your new favorite shampoo. I would definitely keep it around in your stash for moments like this.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

So it has come to my attention lately that I would benefit from using a leave-in after washing, before my silicone serum. I've noticed my serum seems to work best if applied on nearly dry hair, and that my hair needs some moisture. I've been looking for an appropriate leave-in for fine-ish strands, a lot of em, and my hair is wavy (almost curly, but super large, loose spirals) and I like to encourage it to be straighter, smoother.

I found the Garnier Whole Blends with Gentle Detangling Milk. Is this a leave-in? It sounds really nice and based on reviews of other people's hair, seems like it might work on mine. Could I use this before my Paul Mitchell super skinny serum?
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Anything left on the hair, not to be rinsed out, is a leave-in, unless it states clearly that it is a serum. Detangler lotion/leave-in (after a wash), same same.

ETA/ But hang on; I'll look it up! Meh, conflicting stuff... Is it a spray? I would go for a lotion, but then some hair is so fine it needs a spray instead of a lotion (is a leave-in too).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have heard (from one of my YT subscriptions) that Garnier is now leaping bunny certified?

I don't know the status in the US, or in Belgium. But in the UK it is cruelty free now, apparently.

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have heard (from one of my YT subscriptions) that Garnier is now leaping bunny certified?

I don't know the status in the US, or in Belgium. But in the UK it is cruelty free now, apparently.
    Actually in Europe companies can't test cosmetics on animals for years now, nor importing cosmetics that were tested.
    So with calling Garnier cruelty free, I guess it doesn't test anymore in places were this is allowed (like China or USA), but European versions (for those products that have a different formulation from USA or China) aren't tested in years.

Here an article:
    https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/...mal-testing_en
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; March 15th, 2021 at 01:42 PM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Actually in Europe companies can't test cosmetics on animals for years now, nor importing cosmetics that were tested.
    So with calling Garnier cruelty free, I guess it doesn't test anymore in places were this is allowed (like China or USA), but European versions (for those products that have a different formulation from USA or China) aren't tested in years.

Here an article:
    https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/...mal-testing_en
    That is what I assumed. Leaping bunny, I take it, is a different certification altogether? Or... not?