Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hair growth stalls

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: hair growth stalls

Quote Originally Posted by kattmara View Post
    We are not trees so we are not necessarily affected by seasons but if you live in an area with dark winters you might get vitamin-D deficiency and a lot of people tend to move/do physical activity a lot less during the cold months as well as eat worse (comfort foods) and all these things can affect hair growth. Mechanical damage from hats and scarfs or thick coats in combination with cold temperatures and dry air might result in breaking, which is not really stalling but it can slow your process down especially if you want to cut it more often to keep the ends nice.
    That's what we get for living in the north I take vitamin D supplement but I must confess I tend to eat more comfort foods (ahem, hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls today) and hide inside more since it's such cold weather and has been for months. I'm hibernating. I haven't noticed any stalls myself but I haven't measured my hair regularly either. Need to keep an eye on that.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dee94 View Post
    What's the longest hair could stall for? Or is that something where it's just random and could be as long as it wants? Does being pregnant make the hair stall sometimes? Or maybe after, I know hair can get all crazy while being and after pregnancy, but, I always wondered if it stalled hair or hair just falls out?
    I've only learnt about stalls not too long ago.
    I think it was... trolleypup who had a massive stall on here. Please correct me if I'm wrong! And sorry for mentioning you if you did not want to be mentioned. But I think he stayed the same length for quite a while, even more than a year as I recall, but then it up and suddenly started growing again.

That is the most "extreme" example I ever came across.

I have stalled a few months, a few years ago. But that's it. Before that I just didn't bother looking at my growth that much. I don't much now either. I just set milestones and see if I hit them at the end of the year. If not, there may have been a stall somewhere, but I'm not that much on top of it. I don't think that's healthy (for me personally).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

My growth stall only lasted for a couple of months. Then, my hair is going through a growth spurt right now! It's now growing really fast again!!! I'm very excited about it. Well, this is my first growth stall. So, I'm not sure if it happens during the same time of the year.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I think it was... trolleypup who had a massive stall on here. Please correct me if I'm wrong! And sorry for mentioning you if you did not want to be mentioned. But I think he stayed the same length for quite a while, even more than a year as I recall, but then it up and suddenly started growing again.

That is the most "extreme" example I ever came across.

I have stalled a few months, a few years ago. But that's it. Before that I just didn't bother looking at my growth that much. I don't much now either. I just set milestones and see if I hit them at the end of the year. If not, there may have been a stall somewhere, but I'm not that much on top of it. I don't think that's healthy (for me personally).
    I seem to recall one of the other mods thought she'd reached terminal for a few years then suddenly found her hair had grown a few inches (can't remember exactly who, though, might have been Chromis?). I have also heard of someone stalling at what they thought was terminal for over 10 years then having a growth spurt, but that was a second-hand report and would take a huge amount of digging to find and verify! From what I've heard around the forum, I think stalls at lengths that could plausibly be terminal seem to be more common and last longer than stalls at shorter/'still definitely growing' lengths.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I seem to recall one of the other mods thought she'd reached terminal for a few years then suddenly found her hair had grown a few inches (can't remember exactly who, though, might have been Chromis?). I have also heard of someone stalling at what they thought was terminal for over 10 years then having a growth spurt, but that was a second-hand report and would take a huge amount of digging to find and verify! From what I've heard around the forum, I think stalls at lengths that could plausibly be terminal seem to be more common and last longer than stalls at shorter/'still definitely growing' lengths.
    The 10 year stall, was trolleypup, I think. Maybe we could ask him ourselves, heeeey trolleypup? Wooohooo, we're over here.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The 10 year stall, was trolleypup, I think. Maybe we could ask him ourselves, heeeey trolleypup? Wooohooo, we're over here.
    Oh! Haha, I didn't read/understand your post properly and thought you meant the stall lasted longer than a year but not more than 2 - oops
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    15/19/36
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I hit a stall last may; it lasted for about four months, but afterwars it grew like crazy! My hair usually grows 1 centimeter per month, but since october it's been steadily growing around 1.5 centimeters!