Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for Strawberry Blondes!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Thread for Strawberry Blondes!

I wanted to start a thread for natural strawberry blondes because frankly there aren't that many of us! And it's hard to find any others! Not sure how many others I'll find, but if some lonely strawberry soul comes across this thread and feels excited, that's a job well done. haha.

Here's me! Obviously my hair is short and a long way from my goal! I was younger here. So much skinnier...

My hair seems to have gained a pretty solid streak of white blonde, as you can see in pic below. Lots of pure white hairs happening all over - my dad (natural redhead) was totally white as snow by 35 and I'm 28 so hmmmm...not sure what my hairs gonna do lol. but honestly what color is that part? Do you think it looks neutral, or warm, or ashy? Opinions please. :P Been dyeing hair more red to deny the whiteness, growing it out but its only an inch or so and I can't tell what color is it, so maybe an opinion on the color of that streak?

Hope to see some pics of YOUR strawberry blonde! Or light red, whatever! I hope there are a couple in LHC!

MBL
    > Goal: Waist / Tailbone
    2b/fine/ii

Length
    neck/mbl/Tbl
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Thread for Strawberry Blondes!

Not a strawberry blonde, but wanted to say your hair color's very pretty

"The dreams of childhood- its airy fables,its graceful, beautiful, humane, impossible adornments of the world beyond; so good to be believed in once, so good to be remembered when outgrown..." - Charles Dickens
    el~nl~sl~cbl~apl~bsl~mbl~wl~hl

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I'm far from being a strawberry blonde, but i love love love your hair colour.
    I've always been a fan of strawberry blonde and ginger...
    Neck / SL / APL / BSL / WL+ / HL / BCL / TBL!
    Dye-free since Dec 2018.
    2021 plan: grow & trim - get rid of layers & reach hip-BCL.

Type
    2b/M/C/ii

I'm fully red but my sister is strawberry blonde. She doesn't like it but I always tell her she has the most unique hair color, very hard to archieve (believably) with a dye. She even put some blonde streaks in it...what a bummer to mess with such naturally pretty hair in my opinion. Anyway, I love your strawberry blonde hair, very pretty.

Length
    long/long/same

Probably not seeing the original strawberry pics or the "white blonde" either, you've possibly changed pics since then. The photos I see look pretty vibrant. But your red is very pretty. What are you brightening with?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hipretty View Post
    Probably not seeing the original strawberry pics or the "white blonde" either, you've possibly changed pics since then. The photos I see look pretty vibrant. But your red is very pretty. What are you brightening with?
    I think might also be because the thread is 5/6 years old.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hipretty View Post
    You can see older photos by installing the amazing LHC image fixer browser extension created by barnet_fair.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Your hair colour is stunning. Do I belong here?

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlqueenjadine View Post
    Your hair colour is stunning. Do I belong here?
    I think we may have the same hair color! Yours looks a tad darker near the roots in that photo, and perhaps the length has lightened a bit in the sun? If so, that's what I have! I could be totally wrong though. I threw some photos in an album so you could see: http://imgur.com/a/1sQN3qg (they are in order of age)

Maybe yours is similar? If so I'm going to make the case that its actually auburn! I was born with strawberry blond, but once I got older (as a toddler) it got darker and browner, like a light auburn brown. It lightens very quickly in the sun and looks lighter and redder. In some lights it has orange/yellow/red tones, in other lights it looks incredibly ashy and mousy or brown. Does yours do that also?

If so, perhaps you have similar genetics! I am a "compound heterozygote" for two MC1R variants, so I'm kind of a redhead. I consider myself an auburn, since the majority of people in my adult life call it that. I have all the other fun stuff that redheads have to deal with, like melanoma risk and reactions to anesthetics and sun intolerance, but I hesitate to call myself a redhead. I think gingers and strawberry blonds are folks that make only pheomelanin (strawberries less so than gingers, or perhaps theirs faded from ginger to strawberry), and auburns make both pheomelanin and eumelanin. I think the sun tends to destroy eumelanin more readily than pheomelanin, and that's why the sun lightened ends look strawberry.

I might be wrong about your color, but I thought it was worth writing all that because most of my life I never knew what to call my hair, and it was always kind of annoying, so I figured you might be in the same boat! I've obviously thought about this too much, but I blame other people for arguing with each other over what my hair color is my whole life. I eventually said to hell with it, I want undeniably red hair, I'm going to use henna, and now nobody will question it anymore haha.

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    I think we may have the same hair color! Yours looks a tad darker near the roots in that photo, and perhaps the length has lightened a bit in the sun? If so, that's what I have! I could be totally wrong though. I threw some photos in an album so you could see: http://imgur.com/a/1sQN3qg (they are in order of age)

Maybe yours is similar? If so I'm going to make the case that its actually auburn! I was born with strawberry blond, but once I got older (as a toddler) it got darker and browner, like a light auburn brown. It lightens very quickly in the sun and looks lighter and redder. In some lights it has orange/yellow/red tones, in other lights it looks incredibly ashy and mousy or brown. Does yours do that also?

If so, perhaps you have similar genetics! I am a "compound heterozygote" for two MC1R variants, so I'm kind of a redhead. I consider myself an auburn, since the majority of people in my adult life call it that. I have all the other fun stuff that redheads have to deal with, like melanoma risk and reactions to anesthetics and sun intolerance, but I hesitate to call myself a redhead. I think gingers and strawberry blonds are folks that make only pheomelanin (strawberries less so than gingers, or perhaps theirs faded from ginger to strawberry), and auburns make both pheomelanin and eumelanin. I think the sun tends to destroy eumelanin more readily than pheomelanin, and that's why the sun lightened ends look strawberry.
    Oh my gosh THANKYOU for writing so much! I only just thought to check for a reply so sorry about the delay!

What you have said is spot on! All of it. And we have pretty much exactly the same colour hair

My husband calls me a redhead but I think it's mostly due to the freckles and pale complexion. But yes, my hair turns a lot more red in the summer, the darker hair nearer my roots just hasnt been exposed to the sun yet

Hair twins! ^_^