Thread: Hi! :D

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Red face Hi! :D

Hey everyone! Here's another newbie
    I'm 17 years old and I'm from the Netherlands (I'm trying my best to write in English as correctly as possible). I was in doubt about creating an account on here, but why not It seemed fun and I wanted to share my progress and get some advice or something. I think I have 1a/1b (I'm not quite sure) fine hair. When I asked the hairdressers about my hair they always said: 'Your hair has a fine structure, but you have lots of hair!' I didn't really understood it but fortunately now I do. I would rather have my sister's beautiful wavy/curly thick hair (yeah, I'm jealous :P).

I've been dyeing my hair in various colours; brown, mahogany, bright Ariel-the-Mermaid red, dark purple, dark purple with non-permanent pink highlights, decoloured the dark purple (which was veeeeery risky, but I didn't know!!). It became a nice copper blonde, which was pretty similar to my natural hair colour when it had faded a little. I let my natural hair colour (dark blonde/light brown, probably level 6) grow out, but I wanted my red hair back so I dyed it a darker copper red

I gave up washing my hair with shampoo on the 9th of April, 2015. After that, I washed my hair with shampoo only once, when there was beer in my hair after I went to a festival. I sometimes use (once about every two-three weeks) copper hair dye/natural red hair maintaining conditioner. I decided to stop using shampoo because I already washed my hair like once or twice a week. It usually doesn't get greasy easily so why should I wash it if it looks better unwashed (it looks thicker and more voluminous). Right now, I wash my hair twice a week with water. I have a BBB but I don't use it anymore because it takes too much time to brush my hair with it and I'm lazy haha

I've been growing my hair since I was thirteen (2011). It was very short back then, ear length I guess. My goal was APL. When I reached APL, I wanted approximately BSL. Now (my hair is somewhat under BSL) I want waist-length hair It's pretty addicting!

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Hi! :D

Welcome to the boards! You will find a number of people here from the Netherlands. Your writing in English is *great* - very impressive. There is a whole thread on Water Only which you might enjoy.

Length
    11/27/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    Welcome to the boards! You will find a number of people here from the Netherlands. Your writing in English is *great* - very impressive. There is a whole thread on Water Only which you might enjoy.
    Thank you so much!
    I'll go to the water only thread, maybe they'll have some advice for me

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Fine and lots of it seems very common. It means you have dense hair

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome, and your English is pretty great!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)