Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd anniversary with pics

Default 3rd anniversary with pics

I haven't really gained much length-wise since I seem to reach waist get bored and then chop off a couple inches. MBL seems to by my favorite length but I am determined to go further... I think?? I have made some mistakes along the way in the past three years but I have learned from them. Although looking back on it now I guess I don't really regret it since I did have fun with my hair and I'm glad I did everything I did from lightening to chopping to almost APL to layering the heck out of it to thinning it out... then chopping it again to get rid of what I did to it lol. I loved the way my hair was in this first picture before I chopped it but it was getting annoying to wash (I pretty much have always been a daily washer) plus it was getting heavy in updos and I was getting bored. It's still kind of wet in the picture but I only ever wore it up. The thing is when I would air dry it would look kind of frizzy but after being damp bunned and I finally take it down it would be like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing and my hair would look fabulous for like, 10 minutes. Then it would get flat and greasy at the roots and the ends wold be stringy and tangle and the entire thing would just be an annoying mess. It just looked incredibly unattractive and was a huge pain to wash daily.

So I cut it and I wore it down more and have been cutting more and more until this picture.

Now I had my fun and I'm stopping here. My next project is going to be to leave it alone and let the top layers grow out so it's all one length so I can grow longer. So I've realized by now that accepting my natural color and texture the best I can is no longer going to hold me back on growing longer than waist but now I realize my obsession with layered hair is holding me back. I'm kind of sad that I haven't reached hip yet and I guess if it doesn't happen at least I know that I can enjoy my hair between BSL and waist forever... right? I don't know... but I really do not regret chopping it again. As long as it's at least BSL I am happy. The latest pictures were taken probably two weeks ago or so? Not sure, but it was very liberating. It's lighter, it's easier to wash, faster to style, and I can wear it down all day without it looking like crap in under an hour of it being down.

Length
    23/33/34
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Default Re: 3rd anniversary with pics

I really love your hair !!!

WL is my personal favorite (for now) so thank you for sharing inspirational pics

Quote Originally Posted by Dziip View Post
    I really love your hair !!!

WL is my personal favorite (for now) so thank you for sharing inspirational pics
    Thank you! No problem, I have learned so much from this community that I hope to contribute whenever possible. I love your braided updo in your avatar pic! Wish I could grow out layers and learn how to braid!

Account Closed by Member Request

There you are! The wurly v-hemline! I think you hair is pretty thick and therefore you have a lot of options what to do with it. Your last but one picture is also very pretty!

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Your hair is lovely.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I love it. It looks great layered like that!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

You could be a shampoo model!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    pixie/45"/50"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Your layers are really pretty I think happy anniversary!
    2c-f-ii ~~@~ 2/47/50 pic taken May 2012
    thebrunette.co.uk

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Your hair is so stunning!

Length
    2/34/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Such beautiful hair! I totally understand your obsession with layers cause it looks lovely that way happy anniversary!
    Pixie - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - Waist - Hip - TBL