Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Function of Beauty anyone?

Length
    CBL/Waist/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Function of Beauty anyone?

Curious as to if anyone here has tried the personalized Shampoos and Conditioners from Function of Beauty?

https://www.functionofbeauty.com/

Can't find anything as to ingredients. And it seems kind of fun to pick a scent and color. haha.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Function of Beauty anyone?

"starting at $32 + free shipping".

For one product? I don't think so. You can get 3 Shea Moisture products for that price, with good ingredients.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Looks like fun for sure, and sandalwood violet would probably smell awesome. I'm kinda cheap though. Aussie Moist is more my speed.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

If your try the "quiz" it show ingredients below when you select an individual function like Deep Condition, but not of the whole blend...

It would be fun to try once, but the price is prohibitive otherwise for me.

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017

squirrels in my pants lillielil's Avatar
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I keep getting ads for this (gee, I wonder why) and have ready several highly positive reviews. I may give it a try. I do remember reading that all of their products have -cones, but at this point my hair seems to be ok with that.
    Does the brain control you, or are you controlling the brain?

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I haven't, but a couple youtubers I watched tested it out! They both liked it, but were both sort of like "this is really expensive", so whether or not they continue to use it is up in the air. I did notice with Safiya's video that the 8oz shampoo/conditioner was only $10 cheaper than the 16oz bottles of shampoo and conditioner, so it seems like most of the price comes down to the whole "we mixed this for you and printed special bottles for you" kinda thing.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Waist/40ish
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I tried this back in March. I think it was a miss for me, but more because maybe I didn't go with the right formulation. I have wavy frizzy hair that goes between fine and course and an oily scalp, I live in Florida and have really hard water. I picked lengthen, anti aging, volume, anti frizz, oil control. I think between the volume and oil control there wasn't enough moisture for me. Can't say it helped with the frizz but I have loads of volume, but kind of dry. Anyway, I didn't like it and they offered a more personalized reformulation, but that it would take up to 3 weeks. I said I didn't want to wait that long, so they refunded my money without a hitch, didn't even have to send the remainder back. I have to say the customer service is top notch. I am kind of thinking of trying it again, but putting more emphasis on the moisturize part. That's how I found this thread, I was wondering if anyone here tried it. Function of Beauty works out to be about $1.48 an ounce, and say Shea Moisture at $0.70 and ounce. So there's that! I tried it because I can't seem to find anything that works with my super finicky hair. I have not tried Shea yet though, I was worried it would be too heavy, so I can't compare either.

Length
    23 cm/80 cm/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

I just ordered this for the first time. It is expensive, but I usually only go through about a bottle and a half (12 oz. total) of shampoo a year, sometimes less, so I think on that front it will be alright if I decide to re-order after trying it. I do go through a lot of conditioner, but my hair is perfectly happy with any conditioner as long as I use a coney serum on it before detangling, so I'll probably just stick with my usual suave once the conditioner in the set runs out. I decided to order because I've never found a shampoo that I'm completely happy with, I mean the one I use now works, but it has its problems, so I'm hoping this will work. Now a question for y'all, I usually dilute my shampoo to make it easier to distribute through my hair which is fairly thick, would it be a bad idea to dilute this stuff? Maybe I'll dilute it as usual to start and if that doesn't give me any better results that my current shampoo try it at full strength. Or should I try it at full strength as intended first? Thoughts?
    Lady Ambarussa of the Sunlit Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    animetor7, or Ani Currently: Hip at 80 cm Next Goal: Tailbone at 102 cm

Length
    Chin/Waist/40ish
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

For me (maybe it's most formulations maybe it's just mine?) the shampoo has this kind of strange water but viscous texture. Its weird. Kind of reminds me how mud acts. Like if you slosh it its liquids but as soon you try to put fork on it it firms up. Overall, despite being watery I wold say it stays in the hand like a more dense formula and actually has a lot of lather even give the gentle surfactants. I've never diluted it, but actually that's not a bad idea! It does act like a thicker formula in the hair. I'd try it, if it's clean enough after a wash, I think it's fine. My original formula leaves my hair slightly cleaner than I think is nessisary, but that may be a property of the "volume" goal.

I just placed a new order so I will try it actually good way to stretch it out maybe.

What did you go with? I got length, hydrate, replenish, oil control, straighten- then wavy, medium, oily and I tried heavy on the sandlewood. I'm a bit apprehensive it might be too much moisture but I don't know! Figured I'd give it one more shot as I've been having a hard time finding, for me, a conditioner that works. I use like 3 different Leave ins after a wash... ugh. I've been liking Kristen Ess from target, but my hair always feels a bit less elastic or something when I use it for a while without changing it around... but it's still the best I've tried so far, Sun Bum coming in a close second but not enough slip and too expensive and that banana smell goes with nothing!

Length
    Chin/Waist/40ish
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LinzDigital View Post
    For me (maybe it's most formulations maybe it's just mine?) the shampoo has this kind of strange water but viscous texture. Its weird. Kind of reminds me how mud acts. Like if you slosh it its liquids but as soon you try to put fork on it it firms up. Overall, despite being watery I wold say it stays in the hand like a more dense formula and actually has a lot of lather even give the gentle surfactants. I've never diluted it, but actually that's not a bad idea! It does act like a thicker formula in the hair. I'd try it, if it's clean enough after a wash, I think it's fine. My original formula leaves my hair slightly cleaner than I think is nessisary, but that may be a property of the "volume" goal.

I just placed a new order so I will try it actually good way to stretch it out maybe.

What did you go with? I got length, hydrate, replenish, oil control, straighten- then wavy, medium, oily and I tried heavy on the sandlewood. I'm a bit apprehensive it might be too much moisture but I don't know! Figured I'd give it one more shot as I've been having a hard time finding, for me, a conditioner that works. I use like 3 different Leave ins after a wash... ugh. I've been liking Kristen Ess from target, but my hair always feels a bit less elastic or something when I use it for a while without changing it around... but it's still the best I've tried so far, Sun Bum coming in a close second but not enough slip and too expensive and that banana smell goes with nothing!
    Put *force on it, *would. Man iPad, you're killing me.