Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a good hair routine or can it dry my hair out?

Length
    2"/44"/46"
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Default Is this a good hair routine or can it dry my hair out?

I shampoo and condition my hair (I condition it twice) then two days later I do just a deep conditioner and no shampoo, and then another two days later I repeat the process. So my hair gets wet every other day. (sometimes it gets rinsed on days I go to the gym too because I am dripping in sweat) I am patient and allow the conditioners to sit for about ten minutes with every application, sometimes more. Will this kind of routine help or hurt the hair?

Length
    24/32.5/38
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Is this a good hair routine or can it dry my hair out?

Sounds good to me.

Length
    2"/44"/46"
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I also use leave in conditioner too.

Length
    1/18/42
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Hi! Friend!

I think it will hurt your hair. Conditioning once in a week is good enough for hair. I shall suggest you to use little oil as a conditioner after towel drying your hair. It will give shiny look too. Also if you wash hair more than once in a week, just wash them with water. Don't apply shampoo or conditioner. They will get conditioned anyway because of oil content in your hair. I have 18 inch long hair and I wash everyday with water. Then I dry them with towel. Once they are dry, I apply oil and comb them neatly. Next day morning, I repeat the same process. I hope it should help you too.

Happy growing. God bless : LHM

Type
    2b/M/iii

If you must use conditioner, dilute it. I'd limit the deep conditioning treatment to once a month. The less stuff you put on your hair, the better. Your current routine would, in time, call for a clarifying shampoo because of buildup.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

It doesn't sound too bad to me. However I agree that deep conditioning every 4 days might be a bit much. I follow an every other day wash routine too with excellent results. I would never dream of not using full strength conditioner. Diluted shampoo yes but never diluted conditioner. My hair EATS conditioner! You might try some CO washing if you feel your hair isn't all that dirty but it just needs freshening up.

I am not here to decorate your world

I CO wash (conditioner only wash) or WO (water only wash) pretty much everyday. I workout daily about about 2 hours so by the time I'm done I'm dripping in sweat and I can't sit with that only scalp because it gets itchy. I see no problem with conditioning daily if you need to shampoo then shampoo but I must agree that deep conditioning every four days sounds like a lot. I only deep condition when I FEEL that my hair needs it (it's dry, tangling, etc.). So aside from the extra deep conditioning I see no problem..(to each his own, your routine doesn't have to work for anybody else but you)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_monk View Post
    Hi! Friend!

I think it will hurt your hair. Conditioning once in a week is good enough for hair. I shall suggest you to use little oil as a conditioner after towel drying your hair. It will give shiny look too. Also if you wash hair more than once in a week, just wash them with water. Don't apply shampoo or conditioner. They will get conditioned anyway because of oil content in your hair. I have 18 inch long hair and I wash everyday with water. Then I dry them with towel. Once they are dry, I apply oil and comb them neatly. Next day morning, I repeat the same process. I hope it should help you too.

Happy growing. God bless : LHM
    Don't towel-dry your hair! Towels are rough. I use soft flannel pillowcases instead of towels, other people use soft t-shirts.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My hair's conditioned twice as well, actually I've been using this method for years now and my hair's still all there. It's very nice, especially if you have wavy or curly hair, so don't be afraid to condition twice. Typically my conditioners are left on for 2 minutes. More is simply not necessary, I find, but YMMV.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    MBL/Hip/FT
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Nothing wrong with this routine. My hair gets wet everyday, and it gets conditioner every day. I've never had healthier hair.
    At hip! Next goal: Tailbone length. Final goal: fingertip length.
    Growing out henna. On a journey back to natural blonde.

1c-2a/F/ii (3")