Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant Hair Color Envy!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Constant Hair Color Envy!

Doesn't matter the color. For some reason if I see someone with a beautiful color I think about dyeing my hair that color.

I have to constantly tell myself; I only want the color because it happens to look good on the person it's on.

Does anyone else experience this phenomenon?

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Constant Hair Color Envy!

I do or should I say say I did, not anymore, have hopefully learnt my lesson now!

I saw colours though and didn't talk myself out of doing it! Then realised it didn't suit me, made me look older etc, etc! You at least don't do it!
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.

Length
    2''/APL/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I am tempted to bleach every time I see someone with healthy blonde hair. I fear that I actually do that some day. I am sometimes seriously considering it even though I know it would destroy my dreams of long hair. It would also be very difficult to get all the red out of my hair... It's Directions but it seems pretty permanent on me.
    1b/F/ii
    Started from a very short pixie at April 2011

Length
    15"/16"/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I am the exact same way! Although I don't ever want black hair, because I know it would make me look like a corpse. But I know what you mean. I think that's why I'm never satisfied with my hair color, because I'm always seeing a new person who inspires me.

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neneka View Post
    I am tempted to bleach every time I see someone with healthy blonde hair. I fear that I actually do that some day. I am sometimes seriously considering it even though I know it would destroy my dreams of long hair. It would also be very difficult to get all the red out of my hair... It's Directions but it seems pretty permanent on me.
    If done right bleach doesn't have to mean giving up on dreams of long hair, there are quite a few LHC members with very long bleach blonde hair. I have bleach highlights and am just past bsl which isn't long given LHC standards but there are people here who have gone classic with bleach I think.

Personally my colour envy does to henna, i don't think it would right on me though
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Type
    3a/M/ii

Tell me about it... I used to want very black hair (I have faraway Asian origins), and then I switched to wanting reddish tones to my medium/dark brown hair (essentially I want auburn) because in the summer I have reddish highlights and I love them. Even though my mother would totally have let me, I never went ahead with it because I'd never chemically dye my hair -- I'm too afraid of damage.

Now I've joined this site, I'm going green with envy over all the henna-heads and getting very tempted. I think I will try it, someday -- after high school (which is only a year from now).
    Last edited by DarkCurls; June 1st, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making a nest in your hair.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Yes!

Be it blond or a vivid bright pink...I want it. I know I can not pull off Pink hair and I don't want to bleach my hair...but yet, I WANT IT Thankfully I always talk myself down from the color my hair ledge

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

All the time! This seems to happen to me with pactically every colour except my own, but in particular it happens with natural redheads. There's just something so beautiful about red hair I think. I always have to remind myself not to reach for the hair dye and accept my natural colour

Shoulder Length > APL > BSL > APL > Between Chin + Shoulder > APL > BSL > Mid Back Length > Waist
    50 book challenge 2014 ^^

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used to be really fickle like that. Changed my mind about every other second. And I had it, not just with hair color, but with the cut and style of the hair, IRL, and in movies.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCurls View Post
    Tell me about it... I used to want very black hair (I have faraway Asian origins), and then I switched to wanting reddish tones to my medium/dark brown hair (essentially I want auburn) because in the summer I have reddish highlights and I love them. Even though my mother would totally have let me, I never went ahead with it because I'd never chemically dye my hair -- I'm too afraid of damage.

Now I've joined this site, I'm going green with envy over all the henna-heads and getting very tempted. I think I will try it, someday -- after high school (which is only a year from now).
    Your hair is dark enough that henna would give your hair a red glow in the sun. It will be even more pronounced if you layer it over already sun lightened hair after the summer. Henna on dark hair is pretty subtle in that way so it's less risky.