Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "You do not have permission to access this page"

Default "You do not have permission to access this page"

I've been seeing that same message anytime I want to look at my own profile. I thought I already activated my account and went through the authorization thing by utilizing my university email address. Also, not sure if anyone else notice the same thing also, but I NEVER get any notifications at all, even when someone has replied or directly quoted my posts. Thanks.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./74"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: "You do not have permission to access this page"

I think you just need more posts to access your profile. Check the permissions sticky at the top of the NEW START HERE forum
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

You can only see your profile or other people's around 25+ posts. After that it will become visible. It's to filter out possible spam accounts
    You can tweak where you get notifications in your settings, and also when you subscribe to a post. I don't recall wether you can access settings yet though.
    Good luck! Also try to read the Index to Important Threads and Resources. It's a bit lengthy but most of your doubts will probably be answered there.
    on a break

Quote Originally Posted by fallenxangel View Post
    I've been seeing that same message anytime I want to look at my own profile. I thought I already activated my account and went through the authorization thing by utilizing my university email address. Also, not sure if anyone else notice the same thing also, but I NEVER get any notifications at all, even when someone has replied or directly quoted my posts. Thanks.
    I've never seen a setting to receive a notification when someone quotes my post-- it also seems the forum has a "tag" feature that will notify you if someone mentions you in a post, but I don't get notifications for that, either. I always assumed the former was not a feature of this forum, and the latter just wasn't working for me (or, I turned it off years ago and have forgotten it ever existed as a feature). I looked in "settings" and I can choose to be notified of PMs by email or a pop-up, but I don't see anything relating to quotes, tags, etc.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You can see if threads that you're active in or have subscribed to have been uptaded under settings.

You can't actually tag people in threads. So you will simply have to look through all new posts in a thread, to see if someone have mentioned or replied to you.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Thank you so much for the replies, everyone! Gosh, I guess I do need to really take my time to read more around here, lol!
    TY xx

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by fallenxangel View Post
    Thank you so much for the replies, everyone! Gosh, I guess I do need to really take my time to read more around here, lol!
    TY xx
    I have definitely done that, so don't feel bad! Oh, and plenty more people have asked, you're not the only one.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    You can see if threads that you're active in or have subscribed to have been uptaded under settings.

You can't actually tag people in threads. So you will simply have to look through all new posts in a thread, to see if someone have mentioned or replied to you.
    Interesting. I've seen mentions of people in threads with their username in bold, and I always assumed that was a tag that just didn't work for me.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    Hip/BCL/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Interesting. I've seen mentions of people in threads with their username in bold, and I always assumed that was a tag that just didn't work for me.
    Nope - that is done manually (by selecting the username and clicking the B icon in the toolbar) to highlight the username.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Nope - that is done manually (by selecting the username and clicking the B icon in the toolbar) to highlight the username.
    And so so useful, because your eye immediately travels to people it is about or that are being addressed.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)