Thread: Hair Typing Confirmation

Length
    Bob/FTL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Hair Typing Confirmation

Alright, so I've finally gotten around to letting my hair air dry without combing it at all (which means it'll hate me for the next 2 days) and this is the result

That makes me a 1c, right?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hair Typing Confirmation

Looks 1c/2a, possibly 2a to me.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I'd say 1C/2a actually.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    Bob/FTL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks lapushka and leslissocool. But 2a, really? I'm hesitant to go that far, especially since the second I touch it with a comb the waves vanish except at the very ends.

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I need to do this to... eventually. Sorry i cant help tho. Beautiful hair!

sl ~ apl ~ bsl ~ mbl ~ wl~
    hip~ tbl ~ classic!

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Well I've always though 2a was amanda seyfried like hair, wavy. My hair at 2B/2C lost most of the curl at about the same length as you, if I use my TT it looks rather straight. 1C doesn't have as much volume as yours has IMO naturally.

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    ~sldr/18/22-25
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Valkyriejae, I would say that your hair is on the border of 1c and 2a, so 1c/2a is probably right. Your hair looks a lot like mine does when it is above shoulder length.

Length
    18/30.00/N/A
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Gorgeous hair. From this photo alone I would say 2a. But since you say it quickly loses the wave then probably 1c/2a is more accurate.

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

2a for me.
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.

Length
    bsl/elbow/n/a
    Type
    1c/F/ii

What I'm seeing is a fairly big chunk of hair that is definitely wavy. Not a little wavy, but just plain defined S waves. That chunk is 2a. I'm not seeing any chunks where the waves are really any shorter in wavelength. I'm not seeing any ringlets or hints of corkscrews. So while they're probably there, 2b and up strands of hair aren't bringing a bunch to the party. The rest of your hair all looks to be 1b or 1c, with no visible wave pattern or ginormous s waves.

You've probably got strands of hair that are 4 something in terms of wave pattern. I do and I'm a pretty obvious 1. Most type 4 folks have a strand or two that acts like it's 1a. Natural stuff varies. It's fairly common for women with naturally curly hair to have a "real" type that's 3 or more different types. And they're not necessarily uniform!

If you've always assumed your hair was stick straight, even with air drying, even with minimal handling (in my case with bonus history of CO washing), then yeah, 2a may feel kinda weird. But even a 3a or 3b can often get their hair to act stick straight. Curls are super duper delicate. It really doesn't take much to disrupt your curl pattern. Just the movement of turning your head one way or another can be enough. So you're definitely somewhere in the 1c/2a range. Your hair definitely has some of each. Whether you decide that 2a or 1c or a mixed type best describes your hair is (somewhat) up to you.

(for myself, while I do have defined S waves, they're really big and super duper orderly and uniform over my whole head. So 2a would make people think the wave pattern is denser or more visible. 1c better expresses the level of wave... it's there, but the overall impression even in full out I did everything for my waves mode is still "straight". people will seriously ask me on days where I went all out curly girl what I did to my hair to get it to look so straight.)